Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soraya.n Posts: 54, Reputation: 5

Oct 27, 2017, 02:57 PM
    Publishing a book
    Hello,
    I am posting to ask if it is possible to have my book published in a foreign country... I have written a novel in English and I would like to have it published in an english speaking country. How can I do that?
    Thanks in advance
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 27, 2017, 04:18 PM
    I have a friend in India who published his book in English, and he sells it on Amazon.
    After dinner I will go look at his publisher.
    You'll have to pay for it. In the old days it was called a 'vanity press.' These days all publishing is that kind except for the famous.
    There's no guarantee that your novel will sell enough to recover your expense, nor get the attention of editors at big publishers.

Partridge, a division of Penguin, a division of Random House.
    But there's hope for everyone, every writer.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 27, 2017, 04:43 PM
    May I ask what your book is about? Would it catch the interest of an American agent or publisher? DO NOT pay money to a vanity press! There are much cheaper ways to do this, if you self publish. Also, marketing your book is your biggest hurdle, no matter how you get published.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 27, 2017, 07:40 PM
    You can have it published anywhere, if you are willing to pay for it, and /or willing to send it to dozens maybe 100's of publishers trying to find one that would accept it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Art or Book? Self publishing cartoons [ 5 Answers ]

I have a collection of my own cartoons, nothing professional, just fun stuff. I chose about thirty of my favorites and would like to put it in a book form. The size of the sheets go from legal size to half a page. Can you suggest where I can get advice as to how to put it into a book Form. I...

Publishing your own book [ 12 Answers ]

Can anyone recommend an online site that will publish/print your own book? Most seem to offer a similar package but it would be nice to know who are reputable and who to avoid. Many thanks for any help.

Publishing a book [ 4 Answers ]

I'm about 95% complete with my book. I have written it to sell. It's over 72,000 words. What is the best format (Font, size, spacing) to convert my Word document for sending to publishers and book agents. Anybody know a good agent?

Publishing a coloring book [ 3 Answers ]

I am interested in self publishing a coloring book. I am not an artist though. I have many ideas and will have to hire someone to do the graphics. Any suggestions on how to get started. I have searched for info on the web and cannot find anything on how to publish a coloring book. The only...

Publishing a book [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get published inexpensively? What are the best publishing companies?

View more questions Search