Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doneta Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2017, 02:20 PM
    I was never convicted why are charges showing up when I got fingerprinted
    I was arrested for driving under influence even though drug test was negative. Charges were finally dismissed Now 12 years later I am trying to get my grandson that has became a ward of court. I had to be fingerprinted in order to get the child. Fingerprints show I have an endangerment charge. What can I do to stop this from appearing because as I said the case was dismissed
    doneta Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2017, 02:36 PM
    I was never convicted why are charges showing up when I got fingerprinted
    I need to figure out how to keep this from causing me more problems in future. I cannot afford to hire an attorney also do not feel I should have to hire an attorney as I was not convicted
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 27, 2017, 04:12 PM
    ''I was arrested for driving under influence even though drug test was negative. Charges were finally dismissed Now 12 years later I am trying to get my grandson that has became a ward of court. I had to be fingerprinted in order to get the child. Fingerprints show I have an endangerment charge. What can I do to stop this from appearing because as I said the case was dismissed''

No one ever has to hire an attorney. But you can't get a court-appointed (free) one because you are not a defendant. Therefore, you need to study enough law to know how to fight this on your own.
    A clue to why you show this old charge is the word 'finally.' How long was it from when you were stopped to when charges were dropped?
    I ask that because once records go out into the world, mainly background check companies, they can be perpetuated simply because the background agencies are too cheap to pay for more recent data. IMO, that is grounds for suing the check companies, but I don't know if anyone has ever succeeded in winning. The problem is rampant.

Was the DUI the same case as the endangerment? Was a minor in the car?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 28, 2017, 03:50 AM
    You go to the court that dismissed your case and get it in writing.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 28, 2017, 06:23 AM
    tal - getting it in writing does almost no good at all. Documents are too easily faked.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 28, 2017, 07:00 AM
    It can always be verified by whomever questions it. As it stands now it shows up on background checks, so obviously there is some clearing up to do, and you don't need a lawyer for that. At least he get the benefit of seeing what he NEEDS to start the process of clearing things up to get beyond it.

Maybe it's an error, or oversight of the court, but you still have to find out what the problem is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony charges dismissed but showing on record... [ 0 Answers ]

A Boulder county, Colorado felony menacing charge from 2005 was dismissed yet it is showing up on background checks preventing me from getting a job or a place to live. Why and what do I do to fix this? I have copies showing it was dismissed and the background check is showing dismissed but because...

Places to Get Fingerprinted? [ 5 Answers ]

I live in puerto rico. The police stations no longer do fingerprints. Where can I get it done inexpensively?

Are you still convicted even you pay charges? [ 1 Answers ]

If the solicitor of the shop send u charges or fines @ paid for it are u still have a criminal record @ when u go out of the country or enter to u.k will be appear on the system that u have a record of shoplifting.

Hdd not showing in disk management but showing in device manager [ 1 Answers ]

I have my friend's hdd which crashed few daz ago then I connected it to my PC as slave but now its in the device manager and bios though not showing in MY COMPUTER,DISK MANAGEMENT.. help

View more questions Search