Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarobl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2017, 06:25 PM
    Accounting Problem
    [FONT=verdana, arial, sans-serif][COLOR=#000000]***I do not expect for you to give me the answer to this problem just with a question I have about a specific part.***[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, sans-serif][COLOR=#000000] They want me to calculate profit margin and asset turnover. I know what I'm supposed to do but I also know its Net income divided by [/COLOR][/FONT]Net Sales for profit margin, and Net sales[FONT=verdana, arial, sans-serif][COLOR=#000000] divided by average total assets for asset turnover. I just don't know where I'm supposed to be getting the net sales number from. All I have are Sales revenue and net income. How do I find the net sales?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, sans-serif][COLOR=#000000]Lymen International is considering a significant expansion to its product line. The sales force is excited about the opportunities that the new products will bring. The new products are a significant step up in quality above the company’s current offerings, but offer a complementary fit to its existing product line. Fred Riddick, senior production department manager, is very excited about the high-tech new equipment that will have to be acquired to produce the new products. Barbara Dyson, the company’s CFO, has provided the following projections based on results with and without the new products.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Without New Products
    With New Products
    Sales revenue $11,934,600 $17,143,000
    Net income $466,900 $915,800
    Average total assets $5,874,900 $13,914,900

(a) Compute the company’s return on assets, profit margin, and asset turnover, both with and without the new product line. [COLOR=#ff0000](Round answers to 0 decimal places, e.g. 2% and asset turnover to 1 decimal place, e.g. 6.2)
    [/COLOR]
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2017, 07:05 PM
    If this is all the data you have then use this data

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting problem help please [ 1 Answers ]

A company that produces, promotes, and sells music CD’s 1. I need to prepare an income statement 2. Find balances for work-in-progress and finished goods inventory Info I have to go on is as follows: Direct materials cost is $3.00/unit Direct labor cost is .25/unit Copy machine cost is...

Accounting problem help [ 2 Answers ]

A company's expected sales for the month of June is $4000. The company expects that 25% the sales will be paid for immediatelty, while 50% will be paid for in the month following the sale, with the remainder paid for two months after. Calculate ho much cash will be received from sales each month.

Accounting problem 4 1A [ 1 Answers ]

Problem Set PR 4-1A

View more questions Search