Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    April1994 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2017, 09:28 AM
    Clot fell out of tooth site
    Its been 5 days today that my bottom first molar was pulled.. theres no pain nothing I'm just wondering is it normal for the top clot to come off I can see deeper in the hole its closed.. I haven't messed with it I brush on the oppoaite side.. last night I thought I could eat some corn.. its been a few days simce extraction but a piece got caught in the hole and pulled a part of the clot off.. Then I wake up today and the rest of the white part is gone... Ive since then rinsed with salt water and with cold water.. zero pain only tender gums.. im assuming I'm completely fine.. I've still chosen to stay away from smaller harder foods for a whe longer now.. But it still seems impossible to keep all food out of that hole
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 22, 2017, 10:31 AM
    Yes, the clot falls out, and you just rinse extra vigorously. Don't try to fill your mouth with a lot of water so that you can suck in your cheeks and spit fresh sips of warm salty water over and over.

(I'd avoid corn a bit longer, LOL, but don't worry unless you feel pain, food gets stuck that you can't get out, or your gums turn beet red.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood clot after having my tooth taken out.. [ 6 Answers ]

I had my tooth taken out last night, the dentist said it was infected and that was why I was in so much pain, 24hours later I still am in pain, I had a look at the blood clot and most of it has turned a whitish colour, I am panicking in case I have an absess, can this happen?

How long should a blood clot stay in tooth extraction site? [ 3 Answers ]

I got a lower molar pulled a week ago and I think the clot is loose. I was having a soft breakfast eating at the other side of my mouth when I thought some food got caught on it. It didn't move easily with my tongue so I looked in the mirror and I think the clot is loose. It's kind of yellowy...

Is it OK that my clot is getting lower after my tooth extraction? [ 1 Answers ]

I had my tooth extracted a week ago and they left part of my root in as it was too hard to get out. It clotted nicely and covered the whole socket however a week later the socket seems to be getting a bit more shallow every other day. Is this normal? I do not want to get dry socket

I poked my tooth extraction site. Did I pull out the blood clot? [ 5 Answers ]

I had both my lower wisdom teeth pulled a week ago. I had very minimal swelling and was back to normal by the next day. I took all the precautions within the first 48 hours following the extraction. I went for my follow up visit this morning and everything looked great. This evening after dinner,...

Blood clot with extracted tooth [ 2 Answers ]

How long does a blood clot last after having a tooth extracted?

View more questions Search