Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChopTheCactus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2017, 03:13 PM
    Sponsorship Income for and Event
    My company just put on an event (we're a tech company and wanted to put on a tech event). We reached out to people who might want to be sponsors and received money that way and from ticket sales. How do we recognize this? Would it be a contra-expense to off-set the event cost, or do we have to recognize it as revenue some other way?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 20, 2017, 03:47 PM
    You have income from sponsors and sales, and you have expenses for the event.
    How you 'cost' it internally is your choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Promote Your Event Ireland a legitimate free event promotion service? [ 3 Answers ]

Is Promote Your Event Ireland a legitimate free event promotion service? ] http://promoteyoureventireland.weebly.com?

PA Liability - who is legally responsible in the event of a malpractice event? [ 4 Answers ]

If a PA is assigned to a patient who suffers harm due to misdiagnosos and/or improper treatment under the PA's care, who is legally responsible for the harm done?

Sponsorship donations for charity event [ 0 Answers ]

If I am working with a non-profit 501c3 event such as a dinner to raise $ for this nonprofit group and I offer "sponsorship" options or "ads" in our program, and I want to ask for X amount of money for Gold Sponsorship and have a portion be tax-deductible and go directly to the charity with the...

View more questions Search