Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angelia Bidwell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2017, 11:55 AM
    Custody
    What forms or were would I get the forms to fill out for my daughter to give me temporary custody of my granddaughter?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2017, 12:42 PM
    This question should be asked in your local court system. There is no one form.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 19, 2017, 02:22 PM
    That kind of permission can only be granted by a JUDGE. Call your county clerk, or consult with a lawyer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 19, 2017, 07:47 PM
    You would have to go to court for that, a daughter can not just "give it" and then the issue of where is the father ? Since he will be an issue.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 22, 2017, 05:10 PM
    What exactly are you calling temporary custody? Something simple like a week or 2 or are you looking for something much longer. For the short term a simple POA allowing you to care for the daughter is usually enough. For the long run you will need to go to court and retain custody once all the parties agree on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother regaining custody after signing papers for father having sole custody [ 8 Answers ]

What are the circumstances for a mother regaining custody after signing papers for father to have sole custody?

Temporary Custody to Dad1yr ago cause Mom fled abuse which violated custody order. [ 0 Answers ]

A NC Custody Consent order that I signed under DURESS FOUND Me in contempt after fleeing to PA with our child. I REPORTED Domestic Violence before fleeing NC. I also had a valid order of protection against Father. NC would not acknowledge it once I moved back into my home with my abuser/childs...

Change of sole custody to joint custody if both parents live in different states than [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to find out where I would need to go to change/modify a custody order that granted my ex spouse sole legal and physical custody 3 years ago. He now resides in MA, I now reside in CA, but in may will be moving to TX to live with my fiancˇ. The original custody order (was changed from...

What are grounds to change a shared custody agrement to me having primary custody? [ 2 Answers ]

My sons father is teaching my son to lie and that it is OK to give up. Two weeks ago my sons father wasn't watching the boy that was playing with my son. The two boys managed to light a shed on fire and part of the back wall to the trailer they live in. This is one of many incidents that lead me to...

In joint legal custody does can one parent get primary physical custody? [ 1 Answers ]

My child's father is in military and in order to get housing needs to show he will have baby for 50% of yr... in order to do so he needs custody but I'm not trying to give up my legal rights as her mother... what can we do?

View more questions Search