Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1SDRazed Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2017, 07:16 PM
    Shade Trees
    What are good shade trees for central Texas and how far apart should they be planted?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2017, 07:18 PM
    Do you want trees that produce fruit or nuts? Or seed pods? Or ones whose leaves turn pretty colors in autumn?

Oct 18, 2017, 07:21 PM
    Shade Trees
    What trees can I grow in my back yard for shade in Central Texas? And how far apart must they be planted?

Oct 18, 2017, 07:28 PM
    Any of the above would be fine, thank you
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 18, 2017, 07:52 PM
    Pecans!

''Central Texas'' is a big area and a lot depends on your soil. Before you spend any money, check with your nearest state ag station. They will test your soil and give you all the advice you need for your area. Also visit local garden centers without buying anything at first. You need to be concerned with local rainfall stats as well as soil type.

How far apart will depend on the tree species. Allow at least 20' between even the shortest ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best shade to use over dye that turned hair a dusty red shade [ 1 Answers ]

My hair was colored yesterday and it turned a dark blonde color - Not what I wanted... then they put a light golden blond over it and it turned dark reddish brown. My hair was gray mix to start with. Only wanted a light ash brown color. I have used dish soap, olive oil, and ion Clarifying...

Pa tree law and nuisance trees laws trees [ 4 Answers ]

My neighbor has a 20 foot long tree limb hanging 30 feet up in his tree. It is over our quiet street where residence walk daily to the park situated @ the end of the lane. I have notified him and the tree still lurks there. Resting on a larger branch which has supported it since it broke off...

What shade do you consider this? [ 13 Answers ]

Hey do you guys consider this dark skinned (on an African American scale) http://www.thahotseat.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/chilli.jpg And do you like that shade above better or this shade better http://i37.tinypic.com/fl8sg4.jpg ... Or are they pretty much the same shade?

How to make a drum shade pendant out of lamp shade [ 1 Answers ]

I've recently purchased a fabulous drum lamp shade. I'd like to turn it into a hanging hardwired lighting fixture to hang from my ceiling. Is there a special kit to do this? I cannot afford to just buy a drum shade fixture already made. They are rather pricey (for our budget). Thanks!

View more questions Search