Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bschmitt1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2017, 02:21 PM
    How many hours a day does a salaried person have to work per day before being docked?
    My manager told me that I have to work 5 hours a day not to be docked the hours I have asked off for. I work various hours per week. Attend night meetings and trips that include long flight hours, meeting hours, entertaining hours, etc.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 18, 2017, 02:25 PM
    All based on company policy.
    Normally your salary is based on a set number of working hours, although this should also include so method to calculate paid leave.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 18, 2017, 03:16 PM
    I trust that you keep a detailed daily calendar. Exact hours for everything!
    If you are not an indispensable employee, and they balk at vacation requests, then it's time to get policy made clear.
    If they don't have clear policy, then invent one for them.
    What's a plane trip worth, and a night meeting, and a weekend meeting?
    Assign each type a multiplier of an hour in house during a normal work week.

If they don't like it, start looking for another job. If they don't let you go.
    Negotiations take guts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a salaried employee be docked for vaction time used? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am a salaried employee in the state of PA. If I am negative in PTO and give my notice of resignment, can I be deducted for that time off? I am also an exempt employee if that makes a difference. Thanks Marie

If a salaried employee does not have enough vacation time, can his pay be docked? [ 1 Answers ]

A salaried employee wishes to take time off (out of the office whole days). However, the employee has not accrued enough vacation time to cover the days out of the office. Because the employee is salaried, does the employer have the right to dock their pay for the time off that was not able to be...

As a salaried employee what is the maximum hours you can work someone before compensa [ 2 Answers ]

As a salaried employee what is the maximum number of hours that an employeer can require you to work, for example 48 hours per week. If they can deduct hours for not being at work must they also compensate you if you work over lets say he 48 hrs. per week?

Salaried employee's pay docked [ 1 Answers ]

In Alabama can an employee be docked for missing a day of work if they are classified as salaried and their time is billed out for the company benefit? And I am told I cannot be paid overtime!

Salaried Exempy Employee paycheck docked 1 week pay for arriving 5 hours late [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, A friend and former colleague's paycheck was docked 1 week of pay (approx $2,000) for arriving at work 5 hours late due to car problems. She is a salaried exempt employee in the state of Connecticut. She receives 4 weeks vacation each year, and has over 2 weeks of accrued, unused...

View more questions Search