Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ecahoe22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2017, 07:54 AM
    Resume
    Hello! I am currently looking to return to work after almost 9 years of being a stay-at-home mother. My children are now in school full-time. I'm currently trying to get my resume in order and I'm having a bit of difficulty filling in some of the information. To give some back story I worked while I was pregnant with my oldest and that was when I was 18. Since then I attended a community college however did not finish and get my degree due to being a stay-at-home mom. I haven't worked since I held my last job back in 2009. I'm not sure if this is something that you all could help with but I figured I'd give it a shot. I plan on volunteering in the next week for a few weeks in different locations and areas of skill. I would however have a limited schedule during the hours my children are in school and then Saturdays that I would be available until I gain employment and can afford child care. Your help is greatly appreciated. If you need more information don't hesitate to ask. Thanks in advance.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2017, 08:19 AM
    You sound like me! I was home raising kids for eleven years, during that time volunteered at a Lutheran school as a tutor and classroom aide, and when I went back to work, I worked at two part-time jobs, one of which turned into a career.

I'd be glad to help you put together a resume!
    ecahoe22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2017, 07:30 AM
    Thanks so much for the response. It's definitely kind of intimidating trying to work your way back into it when its been so long. Is there anything you would need in order to help? I could post what I do have as a resume if need be. Thanks again.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 23, 2017, 11:45 AM
    I think you have to post five times before you can PM. I'd prefer that (PMing) so you don't have to post personal information on this board.

Moms returning to work need to analyze what they've done at home and with kids that a business would appreciate. And have you volunteered at a animal or people shelter? a hospital or nursing home? Do you belong to a church or community group that reaches out into the surrounding areas? Have you been part of or even led a book discussion group or writing group? Have you become a skilled cook or baker? Do you have good ideas on parenting and discipline? (useful as a supervisor and even coworker)

I went back to work as a part-time pre-K teacher and part-time page (book shelver) at a public library (the school and library are across the street from each other). The library job turned into a 25-year career. While my kids were still in grade school, the library offered flexibility regarding hours, so I could be scheduled for mornings (when the kids were in school) or evenings (when the kids' father was at home).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Resume for FSU [ 7 Answers ]

I'm applying for FSU (Florida state) but in the application it says you need a resume, I don't really know how I would format this resume, because I've never had to do it for any other application, if anyone can help me with this and let me know what I should put on the resume I would really...

I need a best warehouse&logistics resume can anybody make a resume for me? [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2.8 years working experience as warehouse assistant (from 2005 to 2008) in ZYX company,Malaysia and from oct 2009 to till date I am working as warehouse supervisor in XYZ company,saudi arabia based on these details please make a resume for me

Can someone help me with a Job Resume? [ 40 Answers ]

Hello, I am a 15 year old female, I will be 16 the beginning of September. At 16 I will be able to work without a permit so it will be a little bit easier to get a job I enjoy. I understand that I am at the bottom of the highering pile but I do have Job experience. I have worked in two fast food...

New resume [ 8 Answers ]

Hey I need to type up a new resume but I don't really have much experience & my resume is pretty blank.. but all the places I apply for ask for one, what else can I put on it other than experience?

Resume [ 3 Answers ]

How to make an effective resume?

View more questions Search