Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CuriousDad01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2017, 10:02 AM
    Turn the power on in the daytime photocell
    If the common dusk till dawn photocell (resistor?) turns the power ON when dark and OFF in the light what type of photocell would be used to turn the power on when in light (daytime) and then power off when it gets dark (night)? Is that a photodiode? Thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2017, 06:58 AM
    You can design the device to work however you want. You will not do it with one single component however.

Meaning you could use EITHER component to do EITHER as long as you design it to work that way. My point being while I am sure I get the point you are getting at which is correct...just that your examples could easily be wrong as an analogy. Example being instead of turning on a light bulb, the same circuit could energize a normally closed relay, turning off whatever is plugged into it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC turns off-partial power loss in house- turn ac on-power is restored [ 4 Answers ]

I have a dual zone ad system in my house. It never had problems in the past, however today we switched it from heat to air. Everything worked fine until the thermostat was changed from cool to off When this happened various rooms in the house lost power. Thinking it was a tripped fuse I...

Children's daytime t.v. Show [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone I have been trying to remember the name of t.v show I used to watch when I had a day off school in the 90's, There were two main characters who were large furry puppets and I think they used to work or live in a fruit and veg shop?! The other thing I remember was that...

Daytime Running Lamps Module [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm trying to locate a daytime running lamp module on a 1992 Mercury Topaz and what it looks like. It has a 3.0 litre V-6. Thanking you all in advance, Mike

Early 90's teen daytime show [ 4 Answers ]

Trying to figuere out what show took place at school(not saved by the bell), three guys would"sincronize thier watches" before they would rig something or fix something. Usually things like tap into the intercom system or something mischievous. One episode another character who was big and stupid,...

Exterior coach light won't go off in daytime [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new Hampton Bay exterior coach light(Model# 240 339) It is staying on in the daylight, what can I do ?

View more questions Search