Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chryslyandra Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2017, 12:57 PM
    Are these the correct translations to Spanish?
    1. My little sister is very beautiful.
    Mi hermanita es muy hermosa.

2. White rice
    Arroz blanco

3. The little girl is six years old.
    La chicita tiene seis aņos.

4. My grandparents are Koreans.
    Mi abuelos son Coreanos.

5. I'm Japanese American.
    Soy Americano japončs.

6. I'm an African American woman.
    Soy un mujer Americana Africana.
    simplerickforev Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2017, 03:44 PM
    They all are correct with the exception of number 3. It should be La niņa chicita tiene seis aņos. You have to add niņa ( meaning girl), because chicita just means little one. Itīs implied that whoever is the little one is a female; but whether she is an small adult woman or a child is ambiguous without adding the word niņa. In extreme, rare cases, It could get even be more confusing, because the adjective chicita could be use to modify feminine objects and concepts. Also saying chicita to a person (usually said to a girl or woman but some use the word to harass men by emasculating them) can be seen as cheeky to both men and women. E.g. Hola, chicita which is the equivalent to hey baby.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is correct way to bleed air from well water system to correct noise? [ 2 Answers ]

Since installing new flush valve, the toilet increasingly (randomly) is surging as it fills. Is it likely that the flush valve is allowing air to enter the system; it appears to be functioning properly? Our well service company said our pressure tank is not the problem, and the other two homes...

Matching up the correct capacitor with the correct condenser fan motor? [ 4 Answers ]

How crucial is it to match the right capacitor to the right condenser fan motor? If you have the wrong capacitor, can this cause the motor to stop after running for a while, say 20 or 40 minutes? It would start up again, but would allways stop. The specs for the motor are: Emerson E-line, model no...

Want to pay for Spanish-dubbed movies with Spanish subtitles in rewindable format [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to learn Spanish but I have a language handicap. I need Spanish-dubbed movies with IDENTICAL and SIMULTANEOUS Spanish subtitles, so I can listen and read at the same time. (Spanish subtitles often use a different translation with completely different words than the dialogue. Also,...

English to spanish recipe translations [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me? I need to translate some recipes from Englis to Spanish for my Spanish class?

View more questions Search