Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DanPatrick10 Posts: 134, Reputation: 5

Oct 14, 2017, 05:59 PM
    Facial Hair Loss
    A few days ago, I noticed a small area of my face near the chin had an odd color complexion. Upon closer examination, I could see that there was lack of any facial hair. It was as if a chemical had burned the hair clean off.

The skin patch is normal other than being a bit puffy yesterday. It's not red or swollen. I don't recall getting any chemical or other cleaning agent on it. No other signs of trauma. I'm in good health.

I did some research and found that the upper lip and chin have weaker blood flow than other areas of the cheek. Over time, less nutrients and beard growing hormones make it to the cheek area causing beard patches and thin facial hair on that area.

Are there any dermatologists here or skin experts that agree with that research? What else could it be?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 15, 2017, 06:09 AM
    As an ordinary person with very unusual skin, I'll agree. I'll also say that around the world, hundreds of thousands of men grow 'patchy' beards. Most shave after they discover that they can't grow a uniformly thick beard. I've seen it more in Asians than others. I wouldn't consider it a condition worth worrying about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Very less facial hair... Help! [ 1 Answers ]

Dear folks, I am 26 years old. I know this is the matter of heredity. But I am genuinely sad that my facial hair growth has always been less. I have uneven beard with hairless patches at places. My biggest struggle has been growing a mustache... just not happening. In India (South India),...

Facial hair [ 4 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and I have a question about facial hair. I wanted to know if there is anyway to get sideburns faster. I can grow them a little bit but I wasn't sure if shaving helps at all to help the hair grow in faster and I wanted to know if there is any technique besides shaving that anyone...

Facial Hair [ 2 Answers ]

What's the fastest way to grow facial hair?

Facial hair [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 22 years old and I've started to notice a few dark hairs on my chin and upper lip. I started plucking them as I found them, but now there seems to be more. I'm afraid that if I keep plucking them or if I was them, then more will grow and before I know it there will be more than I can handle....

View more questions Search