Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2017, 05:10 AM
    Window Crown Moulding
    When you attach window crown molding to the board installed at the top of the window. What other molding goes at the sides and bottom? If any.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 13, 2017, 05:34 AM
    Usually a plain or detailed side trim that is about 1/8 inch recessed under the crown, and slightly narrower than the crown is high.
    Under the sill cap, an apron that is plain, often narrower than either trim above, and often curved down, or routed and angled downward at each end.
    It's mostly what you like, except for the crown being the thickest to protect endgrain of what is below from rain.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2017, 06:55 AM
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crown moulding [ 0 Answers ]

I want to buy premade corners. I'm using 3.5" crown moulding. Should my corners be the same 3.5"?

Crown moulding Lowe's [ 1 Answers ]

Does the crown moulding have to match stained baseboard and trim

Crown moulding [ 5 Answers ]

What's the going rate for installing 5 1/4 " crown moulding

Range ventstack interfere with crown moulding? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my new sweet wallmount hood vent chimney stack will run into my crownmouldings, if I run it to the ceiling, I was just going to cut my crown flush to the stack but if you got any ideas let me know. Tnk u

Suggestions on installing crown moulding on curved fireplace [ 5 Answers ]

We're planning on installing crown moulding (4 5/8) in our living room, but we have this darned curved fireplace in the corner (hopefully I've attached the image successfully). I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on what to do -- should I look at purchasing some flexible moulding,...

View more questions Search