Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelllll Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2017, 05:42 PM
    Trace my ancestors from china
    Hello,

Recently I have been wanting to know more about where I am from and my ancestors. If someone could help me out with that?

Thank youuu (:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 11, 2017, 07:18 PM
    Start with your own family and work backwards. Ask grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins for their family information and background.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2017, 07:39 PM
    It's a lot of work... and you may or may not have success beyond even a few generations... but nobody CAN possibly do it for you. Its going to take a lot of work talking to ALL of your relatives to start with. Depending on where your ancestors grew up... records might not exist, or even if there were at one time may have been destroyed during wars, fires..or other reasons. Best start before any of your oldest living relatives pass away...they have valuable knowledge that might otherwise be lost in your search.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my probability theory of Ancestors valid in any way? [ 2 Answers ]

I am an anthropology student from Michigan. I am currently researching the inter-relatedness of most, if not all, humans alive today. Anyway, I have a personal interest in mathematics, statistics and probability theory and have incorporated it into my studies. I am not looking for answers from an...

How to find ancestors [ 4 Answers ]

I found out that I'm a descendant of Sir William Wallace and I want to see who else I might be related to. Where and how do I find this information. It would be awesome to talk to some people that I didn't know I was related to.

Looking for ancestors [ 3 Answers ]

Need to find the correct spelling of my mothers maiden name? She is dead since 1992, Opal Marie Lafler was her married name, Opal Marie Mc Elmurry(?)was her maidn, also how do I find out how much Cheerokee Indian was she and do I qualify for any benefits under her saposed tribe? She was I believe...

German ancestors [ 2 Answers ]

I am an Australian citizen, my grandparents and mother were born in Germany. They migrated to Australia when my mother was 8, does this make me eligible for a German passport or any other entitlements?

Ancestors.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!. I have a question about Ancestry if anyone knows... Anyway I've done a whole bunch of searches on it & every site I get to eventually leads to Ancestry.com. I've tried Ancestry.com before, & tried their free 14 day trail & it never worked. It kept asking for a billing address & I don't want...

View more questions Search