Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    db55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2017, 12:09 PM
    felony record
    I have a felony record the detectives told the court appointed lawyer at the time it was intrappment, I was trying to become a foster parent , I volunteered to pull 5 months in prison that's been over 18 years ago they is holding that against me ,is there anyway I can get my record clean,I have not been in trouble since then, I own my own home now, I have straighten up be doing good for years wants to become a foster parent to a child in need and always wanted to be a mom
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 11, 2017, 03:45 PM
    This is only partly a question to ask on a world wide site. Your story is very local, as is foster parenting. Your story also needs far, far more details. All I can say is go for it.
    I am a bit puzzled by anyone volunteering to spend 5 months in prison. Do you mean you took a plea deal?
    Also, you put 'I was trying to become a foster parent' right in the middle of the arrest and prison stuff. You make it sound like you went to prison because you were just trying to be a foster parent. Did you agree to take care of someone's child without court involvement and get in trouble for that?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2017, 03:53 PM
    1. ...told the court appointed lawyer at the time it was intrappment,...
    2. This was 18 years ago? Now you are trying to do something? Why wasn't this brought up then?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 11, 2017, 05:00 PM
    Let me see, you were told that it was entrapment but you plead guilty to the crime for a plea deal to get 5 months

You can't do anything since you plead guilty at this point

You may get an attorney and see if you can get it expunged from your record.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have a felony record? [ 6 Answers ]

Do I have a felony record?

Felony record [ 11 Answers ]

How can I remove my felonies off my record

Can I go to nursing school with and felony on my record? The felony was in 2003 and [ 2 Answers ]

It was and possession of and controlled substance and class four felony

How to get a Felony 3 off your record? [ 3 Answers ]

Can everyone tell how to get a felony 3 off a record like yourself.

How to get a job with a felony on my record [ 6 Answers ]

:eek: How do I get a decent career job (s) with a felony on my record and what jobs can I get? I need help very badly and as soon as possible.:eek:

View more questions Search