Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hippiefeet Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Oct 9, 2017, 03:41 PM
    Strange behavior
    Expresses emotions to particular person, usually ex-partner, but backs away when that person returns the sentiment.

Sociopathic behavior?
    Antisocial behavior?
    Manipulative behavior?
    ... or just scared of emotions.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 9, 2017, 04:35 PM
    Probably scared (surprised?) to be taken seriously. The recipient needs to change his/her manner of reacting.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 9, 2017, 04:42 PM
    More than likely scared, could be inexperienced in this social area. This is not strange and is very common, especially as a first experience, among young people, even adults if the feelings are intense enough.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 10, 2017, 02:24 PM
    I find it strange that your first 3 guesses are diagnoses. And the first one is really serious and ominous.
    I hope that you can free yourself from the terms you find in a diagnostic manual.
    Even 'manipulative' is wide open to interpretation, and gets overused.
    A marionette is manipulated. Small children are manipulated.
    Adults often claim they are. Are they? Or are they just not able to make decisions on their own? Easily swayed? Gluttons for punishment? Very insecure?

I wouldn't even begin to comment on that person's behavior! You have told us essentially nothing in a one liner.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2017, 03:56 PM
    Many people have attachment issues, it is really not uncommon. (both ways, too attached or afraid of commitment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strange behavior [ 1 Answers ]

My cat Hades which is about 2 yrs old is acting strange. Dilated eyes, meowing strangely, hiding, also he's naturally not lovable but never hides. He actually climbed into my lap so I could pet him, but whe I tried moving he meowed at me aggressively. I took him off after he hissed at me. He...

Dog's strange behavior [ 2 Answers ]

My Maltese dog has been acting strange the last 3 nights. She has been restless, walks back an forth, wants to near me at all times, wants to be held and petted. Last night I noticed she was panting and tonight she was shivering when I picked her up. Should I be concerned?

Strange behavior [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a female young cat (just became one year old). I got her from the asiel when she was about 7 mounts old. She came from a family with another animal and they had to give her away because the two animals couldn't get along. She adapted quite quickly. She was in the beginning...

Strange behavior [ 9 Answers ]

We have 17 cats that get along pretty well. Once in a while there is a fight but one of our cats Chester who is about 5 years old is acting strange around Jackson, about 1 year old. It seems every time the 1 year old mewos or is vocal the 5 year old jumps on the one year old back and bites his...

Strange behavior [ 5 Answers ]

Why would our 8mo old female dachshund puppy suddenly urinate on my husband in the middle of the night? She has been housebroke for at least 4 mo. Loves both of us. Is not a problem and well behaved otherwise. This has happened only one other time when she was very young. Thank you, sharon

View more questions Search