Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chryslyandra Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2017, 12:54 PM
    What if I believe selfishness and living just for yourself is the highest good?
    What if believe selfishness is the highest good in life?

That's what I believe.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 8, 2017, 05:41 PM
    Because only 1 in a million people can subsist totally alone, without help from other humans, that's why.
    Almost all good has a selfish motive, even the simple pat on your own back for being kind and generous and forgiving.
    But flat out needy greedy selfishness is not what nature had in mind for social beings like people. We are greedy for survival, like the wolf pup grabbing the food out of his brother's mouth. We are helpful for survival, like the wolves who share a large kill. The survival of the wolf pack is good for each wolf.
    Animal behavior translates to humans very well.
    Do you have a job? Buy your own food, pay for your own housing?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 8, 2017, 06:14 PM
    Then you will really never be happy and a failure
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 8, 2017, 07:29 PM
    Why did you post this under Christianity if you believe as you do? Are you are trying to antagonize Christians with your hate, and anger? You seem to be seeking hostility which would answer your other question asked, "Why did these people act so hostile towards me on Yahoo Answers?".
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 8, 2017, 10:53 PM
    Did you post this hoping to shock some of us with your self-opinion ? Sorry, not shocked, but you won't survive long feeling as you do. You cannot survive this way for long. Joy's analogy of wolves is spot on.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2017, 03:32 AM
    Good luck with that mindset... you are going to find life will get REALLY lonely...also going to be really hard to get (more like KEEP) any good job too. So get used to living in a cave, playing hermit in the middle of the sticks, eating grass and rock soup
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2017, 02:02 PM
    Reading all your posts--HMM. Seems you could use some counseling. Suicide causes all kinds of issues. I had a friend who tied a shotgun to the bed, the trigger to the door, put the shotgun in his mouth and called his mother for help. You can guess what happened. Was he a sacrificial lamb? Not a chance. His mother became a hermit and never left the house, his father just left. Suicide, great idea. BTW Suicide is not accepted in Middle Easter countries.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2017, 06:59 AM
    What makes you believe that? What has brought you to that conclusion?
    Chryslyandra Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2017, 09:50 AM
    Because God only cares about selfishness because of the effect it has on Him and other people. He doesn't care about us, but only so far as to what we can do for others. Our value is basically defined in terms of what we can do for other people and how happy and prosperous we can make them. We ourselves in our most intrinsic value have no value.
    Expert

Oct 10, 2017, 12:04 PM
    I believe what goes around comes around, so what vibes are you sending around?
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2017, 06:58 AM
    What led you to that conclusion about God? Where did you find that information?
    Expert

Oct 11, 2017, 07:21 AM
    Feelings are often not based in FACTS, or information. Many things can be overwhelming factors in ones feelings, often requiring professional help in dealing with them. Do I think this persons trolling requires professional help?

YES! Nothing to do with God, unless God can work through a PROFESSIONAL to help this person. I will pray for that.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2017, 07:03 PM
    I don't really understand your question. Taking your own life for the sake of others is not just goofy, it's not truth. Your own death will not determine whether other people will have happy fulfilled lives. You asked this question on a Christianity board so I will give you a biblical answer.The bible says no one lives unto himself and no one dies onto himself. We all have value and we all affect others in life and in death. Right now your value is coming from what you believe is truth. However, you are deceived. God values you. In fact, He thinks so much of you PERSONALLY that he sent His ONLY son to a cross to pay a debt you are unable to pay. God loves his son, Jesus Christ and yet he didn't spare him for YOUR very sake. For YOU personally. If you were the only person who ever lived he would have paid this sin debt for just you. God is personal and so is his love. Think about that for a while. Let that sink in. You may not think you count but the God of the universe, the one who spoke this world into existence thinks you are special enough to send his son to pay a debt you couldn't so that you could receive that gift and live for all eternity. And it gets better! Those that accept this FREE gift the Lord Jesus HIMSELF promised that he would give you life and it MORE abundantly than you have RIGHT NOW. Whatever circumstances you are going through right now... they will change. Things never stays the same. The bible also says that our lives are but a vapor. In other words, our time on earth is not long but eternity is forever. You matter to the Lord Jesus. What will you do with this information? Live in self pity? What you dwell on IS what you will get. What you think about yourself IS what you will be. The bible says as a man thinks in his heart so is he. It's time to change your mind. It's time to find out what God says about you before you do yourself in or continue to be self occupied with negative thoughts. This post isn't some positive self help talk... its LIFE, it's TRUTH... and Jesus is the way out.

Edit - I actually meant to post this on the question about suffering misery because it is a virtue. But either way...this is my answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She's battling with the guilt of selfishness [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have bee together for 18 months and, like every story you here, things in the beginning were fabulous and we fell in love with each other deeply. We were both in work, me self employed a her working for NHS. Money wasn't an issue, well I thought not. We had plans for a bright...

Hard to Understand - Addiction, Fear or Selfishness? [ 2 Answers ]

My ex and I never finalized the divorce, but have been separated for 3 years. Although separated, we've never been completely away from each other. We had started to grow apart as he spent more and more time drinking with a buddy of his - they went fishing but would stop at a waterside bar and...

Highest standard of living [ 5 Answers ]

Is it just me or is the Nordic standard of living way better than that of America. In Scandinavia, people are all entitled to free education and it is mainly this aspect of the Nordic model which makes Scandinavia (particularly Norway) a more peaceful place than the US. Sure, the taxes are higher...

Living Joke or Good Different? [ 5 Answers ]

So, I have this Myspace and I think it's getting in the way of meeting people. Yeah, I know... IT'S A MYSPACE, but every time I talk to a person and they see the Myspace I never hear from them again. I have a theme for it. The address is myspace.com/imrealsmyspace. You can also find it by searching...

Selfishness Vs Self-Responsibility [ 7 Answers ]

I found this amazing site Dr. Margaret Paul, innerbonding. I thought I would share... We are being selfish when: · We expect others to give themselves up for us. · We make others responsible for our feelings of pain and joy. · We get angry at others for doing what they want to do rather...

View more questions Search