Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chryslyandra Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2017, 08:07 AM
    Why did these people act so hostile towards me on Yahoo Answers?
    When I told them that I wanted to kill myself because I didn't want to live anymore, they acted very hostile towards me, telling me that I made them sick and calling me an "emotionally immature, tyrannical individual" and that they were thinking about how my mother would feel, basically insinuating that since my mother gave me life, I shouldn't throw it away, basically treating me like I some possession of my mother's and not as a human being.

These people didn't care anything about me but was only concerned about my mother. If that's the case, why even tell parents to sacrifice for their kids? After all, they're more important than their kids when it comes to suicide. Why not just have kids and people go to Hell for their loved ones since they're more important anyway? I'm just an object.

It's my life. It's not my mother's life. I'm not here on this Earth for her benefit. I'm not some possession.

And why do people say mothers are affected the most by suicides? So does that mean fathers are less important? Why not just kill all men off then and just have women?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 6, 2017, 08:30 AM
    What's going on in your life that makes YOU feel like life is no longer worth living? Forget those that do not understand, and focus on the ones who want to understand, because this is about YOU, not your parents or anyone else, especially not unhelpful people, right?

What's the story? How old are you? What's the issue you are having? Have you talked with anyone close enough to be of help? If so have they helped and how?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 8, 2017, 04:49 AM
    How would we know why they responded the way they did? We don't know what you said! I doubt very much that all you said was that you don't want to live anymore.

In general, talking about suicide tends to get responses that escalate from concern to frustration to anger. If you want HELP, say so. It is fruitless to preach the wonderful delights of killing yourself. Arguing about it is going to be met with hostility, as you found out. The last part of anger. You must have been arguing for quite a while.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 8, 2017, 11:34 AM
    Talk of suicide illicits different reactions in people, some feel sympathy and want to help, others fee sorrow, and many feel anger, most times because they've lost someone to suicide.

I personally feel all three when someone mentions suicide. It's a very selfish act in my opinion. Yes, it's your body, but your death will affect everyone that loves you, and it will affect them for the rest of their lives.

If you're having thoughts of suicide why not ask for help? Tell your family how you're feeling. If you're a child or a teen, ask them to pay for therapy, it can really help.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2017, 11:58 AM
    When you post that you want to commit suicide, your readers are helpless and don't know what to do. Some will mock you, some will tell you to get RL help, some won't believe you and think you just want attention. No one cares about you online because they don't know you or know why you are posting what you did.

Now, tell us. Why would you post on Yahoo Answers (and elsewhere?) that you want to kill yourself? What does that accomplish?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I stop someone from revealing my identity on Yahoo Answers [ 5 Answers ]

I ask a lot of anti-gay questions on Yahoo Answers. I have now started to ask them anonymously. This one girl figured out who I was because I phrased my questions the same way and she started revealing my identity in her answers. I blocked her but then she started coming back with a vengeance...

About Yahoo! Answers. [ 11 Answers ]

Is this site moderated at all? I see people on there give rude, offensive, and completely off the wall advice. I mean half of the time what people say in reply to a question has nothing to do with the question, it is completely wrong, or its rude, like "what a stupid question." I have been...

Yahoo Answers sucks [ 6 Answers ]

I posted a question about Eddie Money, the musician, and it got deleted. What's this world coming to? I need to start hanging out here more. There seem to be a lot more intelligent people on this site.

View more questions Search