Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alanad123 Posts: 102, Reputation: 5

Oct 4, 2017, 08:51 AM
    Childcare contract
    Hi everyone,

I have recently started babysitting for a family and they have recommended me to other families in their area, obviously I work 2 jobs already as well as studying at college on Tuesday evenings, so I may not be able to cover all families. I had an idea to invite my friend to start a little business so she could help out with some families if I'm not available. We decided that a good thing to do was to start up a contract for families to sign, only thing is we're not entirely sure what we would need to include in the contact, does anyone have any ideas? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 4, 2017, 09:00 AM
    Why a contract?
    alanad123 Posts: 102, Reputation: 5

Oct 4, 2017, 09:02 AM
    I have friends who recently have had instances where families have refused to pay and things like that, just to keep ourselves rights and make the family aware of terms and conditions
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 4, 2017, 09:45 AM
    Why on earth would a family refuse to pay?

Based on my experience from babysitting years ago, a contract would be very off-putting -- unless the babysitting is for a prolonged period of time, involves the sitter having other household responsibilities, and especially when the sitter lives with the family. And if that's the case, the FAMILY would have the sitter sign a contract.

If a family doesn't pay, don't sit for them again.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2017, 10:16 AM
    You have insurance? Bonded? Be very careful of a contract, they are binding on both parties. With child care it is not a "DIY" contract.
    https://www.reference.com/business-f...6f53e7f5018856
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 4, 2017, 10:45 AM
    There are a lot of sayings about contracts being worth the paper they are printed on, but sure, write a SIMPLE one if you want.
    It doesn't mean that you won't have to go to Small Claims court, after paying about $75 to file, and even if you win, there's no one to force the loser to pay.

What happened? You got there and they decided they didn't need you after all? They said they'd pay you 'next time' and there was no next time?
    I trust that you didn't do anything wrong.

Babysitters are usually a valuable commodity. Anyone in business, no matter how small a business, who is smart, will be clear and professional about all of it.
    There is NOTHING impolite about demanding payment when it is expected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Childcare Worker [ 6 Answers ]

On a business card in the USA what would be most effective title? Nanny, Childcare, Babysitter, or Au pair and some other suggestion?

Childcare reciepts [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to start watching a child in my house and am needing some information about providing receipts for the parent. I don't have a tax ID number because I will not be making much off it(65.00 dollars a week) and was wondering if I had to provide a 1090 or if I can just provide receipts...

Do I need to pay Tax on my Childcare Income? [ 5 Answers ]

I am providing part-time childcare for a friend's child. My friend is able to be reimbursed for her childcare expenses by the company she works for if she gives them my name, social security number and weekly receipts for the childcare expenses. If I give her company the information they are...

View more questions Search