Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    19-8190 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2017, 04:05 PM
    Citric acid vs sodium chloride
    I did this lab where we had to design our own lab using a regular and sour pack of Skittles, a sodium chloride solution, and chromatography paper. I need to explain why the color of the sour skittles is more spread out compared to the regular Skittles. I used the same amount of solution on both.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2017, 05:15 PM
    What does your text book say about it as this is clearly homework. What do you think the answer is and explain (site rules require that).
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 29, 2017, 08:23 PM
    You could always just try this yourself at home and see the results for yourself which would be the way your instructor intended.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 30, 2017, 02:16 PM
    You aren't explaining anything anyway. You don't indicate the ingredients of each skittle type, nor what solution you put on each, nor what the paper has on it!
    Start researching online the characteristics of citric acid (in the sour skittle?) and sodium chloride (salt) in water.
    We aren't going to do it for you.
    Ask if you have further questions once you have some answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sodium phosphate+cacium chloride yield calcium phosphate+sodium chloride [ 2 Answers ]

write the word equation as chemical equation and balance

Adding Sulfuric Acid to Calcium Carbonate and Sodium Chloride [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I have the preliminary reaction and products here and I am trying to determine what would happen to the products (visually and chemically) if I added sulfuric acid to the products. The reactant side started with 10 mL of Sodium Carbonate and 3mL of calcium chloride and I am adding...

Neutralizing Citric Acid [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what I could use to neutralize citric acid (aside from sodium bicarbonate) and also - how I can find a list of chemicals that will NOT react badly with citric acid? Thanks!

View more questions Search