Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2017, 09:32 AM
    Veteran
    A disable 75-year-old veteran has to walk ten blocks to the veteran’s hospital. Not enough parking. Had to cancel many appointments at the hospital. Why can’t he use his Medicare and go someplace that is more convenience to his situation.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 29, 2017, 10:19 AM
    I am Canandian so probably don't understand your question well enough to answer, but why cant he ? Cant he move somewhere else ? What area of the US does he live in ? Perhaps you could have explained a bit more what his entire situation is. Is he married ? Pension ? How disabled is he ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2017, 10:31 AM
    Yes, where does he live? Has he contacted local or county senior services? the VA hospital to explain his transportation problem and ask if they have a service for this?
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2017, 11:39 AM
    It a problem in many cities in the U.S. this case is in Miami. The problem is parking that is being used by V.A.employees, they cannot bus these employees to outside parking garages, because funding can only be used for veterans purposes. They would need to pass a bill in Washington, D.C. Red Tape.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2017, 11:45 AM
    He could work something out with a medi-van service that would transport him to and from the VA hospital. Doesn't the hospital itself have a shuttle service for patients? Build a bigger parking lot?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 29, 2017, 05:41 PM
    He can of course use his medicare, but it has a 20 percent co payment unless he has tri-care or some other secondary insurance.

He can also arrange transportation to the VA
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2017, 08:59 PM
    Very good
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 30, 2017, 02:10 PM
    Many efforts are being made to allow veterans to use all available medical facilities. As they should!

10 blocks in Miami - see if he can get a wheelchair.
    Some groups collect all sorts of disability equipment after people don't need them.
    Ask locally for the nearest VFW and senior transport, etc.
    It shouldn't be too hard to find a way to get there.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2017, 03:25 PM
    Thanks someone is going to drive him and pick him up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I a Veteran? [ 3 Answers ]

I would seriously like to know if I am a veteran. I did my Basic Training and my AIT in 1992 and I came home. Went to my unit for a few months then I couldn't to do it anymore and got depressed and couldn't do it anymore emotionally. I gave back the bonus that they gave me for enlisting for...

Am I a veteran [ 4 Answers ]

I served in the us navy from 10/77 till4/81 am I considered a veteran

Am I a veteran? [ 1 Answers ]

I joined the Naval Reserve on 17 Jan 1955. I attended Reserve boot camp at Bainbridge,Md in April 1955. I attended The US Naval Academy for two years from June 1956 to June of 1958. I then was a memner of the naval reserve from June oe 1958 to May of 1959. I moved to Nh and was told I would be a...

What is a veteran [ 3 Answers ]

I am never certain when in a situation where people are asked if they are veterans of military service or just if they are veterans or if they served in the US military what I should say. I have always thought of a veteran as someone who served in the regular military during wartime but on one...

Am I a veteran [ 1 Answers ]

Am I a veteran if I served only 9 months during gulf war in 1994 an received a general discharge?

View more questions Search