Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PiaffePony Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2017, 08:27 AM
    Cash Out Refinance Opinions
    I'm divorced and got to keep my farm. I'm also self employed. My parents sold their house to move in with me to help me keep the farm (ex and I purchased it from them and want to keep it in the family.)

My parents and I are all now on the deed and we are ready to start the refinancing process to get the loan out of my Ex's name. We had originally planned for only them to be on the new mortgage because of myself employment status. I spoke with a mortgage broker who said that my parents need to be on the deed for 6 months before applying for the cash out refinance loan.

My ex and I purchased the home from my parents 3 years ago, and they owned the property 15 years prior. We have approx. $260,000 (50%) equity. Is she correct that we need to wait 6 months? Should I apply for the loan with them? I've been in business 9 years and showed a measly $26,000 profit last year. My credit is decent (690-700) because my credit age dropped significantly when my ex removed me from our credit cards.

If I do apply for the loan with them, will we be able to do the cash out refi now since I've been on the deed longer?

I would like to take out $50,000 to pay $18,000 in credit card debt. $14,000 to pay off my truck, $8,000 IRS, and the rest to make property improvements. This would free up an additional $1500 a month. When they process the loan request will they factor in my new debt to income ratio if they were to approve it? God I hope so.. it would remove 98% of my problems and anxiety and significantly improve my business.

Any tips or advice to see this plan through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PiaffePony Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2017, 11:21 AM
    Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How soon can I refinance a car? [ 2 Answers ]

Truth is I just helped my b/f out by co-signing for a car and I just wanted to know how soon can he refinance and get me off the paperwork :confused: I just don't want to have to dish out money that I don't have if something comes up and he can't make a/some payment(s).

Can I refinance [ 1 Answers ]

Can I refinance if my house cost the most in the area

Car refinance [ 1 Answers ]

How long after buying a used car can I refinance for a lower rate to try to lower my montly payments?

How soon Can One Refinance [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We are one month In our new single family home, In Los Angeles, CA. We are first time home buyers. We will need some additional cash to pay for repairs and upgrades. Our Loan Was for 700K and the value of our property is at 835K. We would like to know How soon can we refinance to cash...

My ex won't refinance his car [ 1 Answers ]

I have been divorced for over 2 years. The divorce decree stated that he is responsible for his car, and I'm responsible for mine. I have refinance my car (so only my name is on it), but he has not. His car still has my name and his name. I have contacted the finance company, but they say there...

View more questions Search