Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dave6565 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2017, 04:11 PM
    Not open all the way.
    My main waterline (1st valve coming into house) valve is not opened all the way. It does not move easily. It is only open about 1/4 of the way until the handle is in line with the pipes. I don't know if this was set by the plumbers when the home was built or by the previous owners. I have tried to move the handle with easy force but won't move. The handle must be tightent down. Afraid to loosen the handle and turn it up. Is their such a thing as too much water pressure coming into the house too damage the plumbing?
    This is a townhouse and non of the neighbors valve are set in this manner.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 26, 2017, 04:39 PM
    Home owners should call their local water companies to inspect defective water shut off valves, and establish who is responsible for fixing it.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2017, 06:54 PM
    You probably have a 1/4 turn valve. I have them in my house. When the handle is in line with the pipe, it is fully opened. They are ball valves and only need 1/4 turn to go from shut to open.
    Here is one example.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A difficult-to-open jar may open easily after being run under hot water for a moment. [ 2 Answers ]

A difficult-to-open jar may open easily after being run under hot water for a moment. Explain.

Light on Craftsman Garage Door Open will not turn OFF, when Open. [ 8 Answers ]

I purchase a new Craftsmang ½ hp Garage Door Open and found out in the Problem Section that if I have the door open and cross the safety sensor beams the light will turn ON automaticlly. I hate this feature because my kids constatnly run in and out of the garage door when it is open, so the light...

I made a port for a game and I checked to see if it was open. It wasn't how do I open [ 5 Answers ]

I watched a vid on how to make it and when he checked his it was open but mine is closed

I have a mueller climatrol furnace and the gas valve won't open or stay open. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a mueller climatrol furnace in which the gas valve won't open or stay open. We think it is electrical problem. Back in the summer, my air went out and a friend did wiring to bypass so the air would work for time being. At that time, before the bypassing to get air to work, the heat...

View more questions Search