Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2017, 04:30 PM
    Chain Link Fence Repair
    The top rail on the chain link fence is damage and must be replaced.Can I cut out the damage part with reciprocating saw and replace the bad section with a top rail sleeve?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 24, 2017, 05:37 PM
    There's different kinds. Is your rail going through loops that are caps on each post? Do you have a picture?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2017, 11:45 AM
    There is a repair part at HD. 1 3/8 and 1 5/8 top rail. It fits over the smaller and inside the larger. I have used it before. Cut the top rail and use them or see if you can release the fabric at one end and replace the whole rail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chain Link Fence [ 1 Answers ]

Adding a chain link fence gate, to an existing fence. Already has one post in the middle of the fence he could use. But I think he has to make it an end post. It would be the hinge side. He would have to add a tension bar, Tension Bands, Rail end into the tension band. On the latch side it...

Chain Link Fence Gate [ 2 Answers ]

What is a fair labor cost? Installing a six-foot-wide gate, to an already existing chain link fence. One post is already there in the ten-foot-long fence. Handyman Would only need to add post, and re adjust or eliminate some of the excessive mesh . I was think $300.00 labor but my wife said that...

Removing a chain link fence [ 12 Answers ]

We are getting ready for a new fence and have decided to remove our old chain link fence ourselves to save the $400 that the fence companies charge for this chore. The only problem is that I have no idea how to do it. Anyone have any good advice?

Remove a chain link fence [ 4 Answers ]

We are removing a chain link fence. Should we leave the concrete in the ground? If no, how do we get it out?

View more questions Search