Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonesmangela Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2017, 01:08 PM
    Closing entries
    I am trying to figure out how to do closing entries using allowance method with allowance for doubtfull accounts
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2017, 10:08 PM
    You debit a doubtfull debts expense and credit a provision for doubtful debts. The allowance you make is based on an assessment of accounts outstanding more than ninety days or an assessment of historical defaults as a percentage of accounts receivable or sales

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journalize the adjusting and closing entries. Post the closing entries, Prepar trial [ 0 Answers ]

(a)Journalise the adjusting and closing entries (b) post the closing entries. (c)Prepar a post closing trial balance Cash dr 12000 Account Rec 22000 Supplies 4000

Adjusting entires, closing entries, post-closing trial balance [ 12 Answers ]

I need to know what an adjusting entry, closing entry, and a post-closing trial balance look like. I will give you the figures of you need them.

Preparing journal entries to correct closing entries [ 1 Answers ]

I need to prepare all journal entries to correct the above closing entries Fees Earned Dr 15000 Accumulated, Amort Dr 5000 Interest Rev Dr 1000 Income Summary Cr 21000 Income summary Dr 19000 Salaries Exp Cr 12000 Prepaid Advertising Cr 5000

Closing entries and post closing trial balance [ 5 Answers ]

Question: The following adjusted trial balance contains the accounts and balances of Cruz Company as of December 31, 2008 the end of its fiscal year. (1) Prepare the December 31, 2008 closing entries for Cruz Company. (2) Prepare the December 31, 2008 Post closing trial balance for cruz Company. ...

Preparing Closing entries & Post Closing Trial Balance [ 1 Answers ]

I don't quite understand how you incorporate the information into these accounts. For instance, you have Capital $9,000; Wage Expenses $8500; Service Revenue $1000; and Rent Expense $1600.

View more questions Search