Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2017, 02:34 PM
    Water damage caused by hurricane
    During Irma on the second day of storm, water came into my living room at the foundation of my condo, at the baseboard. The ground so saturated it seeped through. I had to put quilted bedspreads there to soak it up and towel, until the storm stopped. Also drops of water fell from above the windows onto my window sills, which are marble. Does anyone have an idea how this could be fixed? I will call a contractor, but would like some ideas first. Thanks
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2017, 02:58 PM
    Are you going through your insurance company?

Also living in Florida myself, this is SCAM time. You need a reputable contractor. You need to be concerned about mold since Florida is never really that dry.

Thank goodness Maria isn't coming our way.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 20, 2017, 04:05 PM
    I agree with Oliver. There is nothing like an on hand experienced contractor to inspect water damage. No telling what structural damages are hidden from sight. I think my insurance adjuster would be my first call though. They work with reputable contractors and inspectors.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2017, 06:19 PM
    Remove any Carpet and Wet Items, Fans can help dry out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My bathtub faucet broke, and caused a lot of water damage. Why? [ 2 Answers ]

We discovered water damage on the floor and bathroom wall and found that the water was leaking from a pipe in the shower. Whenever we would pull the latch to switch the water from the faucet to the shower head, it would leak. We called a plumber who changed the faucet and said it was broken, but...

Could the wind from hurricane sandy have caused smoke detectors to go off ? [ 1 Answers ]

It's very windy, also blew out candles and thought that caused hard-wired, battery backup smoke detectors to go off - all 9 of them simultaneously at midnight. Fanning with air did nothing. After 20 minutes and no reason discovered we pulled the batteries for a few minutes then put them back in. so...

My flat had a few water leaks and it caused damage can I get compensation. [ 5 Answers ]

I have just had 3 leaks in my bedroom and the wall is soaked and now the wallpaper is recked and the paint is peeling of. My landlord is orbit south who have told me the will come and repair the leaks within 7 days but what can I do about the water damage to the wallpaper and paint. I feel they...

Stopped up toilet caused water damage. Will insurance cover [ 1 Answers ]

My 6 year old son stopped up the toilet upstairs. Water leaked through the ceiling causing all kinds of damage. Our insurance is telling us that the damage is not covered. Would we have to have some special insurance to cover this?

View more questions Search