Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yashkumar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2017, 05:11 AM
    Hyundai Verna car mileage problem..
    I own a hyundai verna The car give a mileage of 10kmpl in city and 15 kmpl in highways on ac. On non ac the car gives mileage of 12kmpl in city and 18kmpl in highways. I feel that the limeage is very less then comparing other verna. So what could be the problem weather it can be rectified of suggest me a solution.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2017, 06:15 AM
    The person DRIVING the car has a HUGE impact on how much fuel it uses compared to identical cars driven by OTHER drivers. Accelerate fast, slam on brakes to stop rather than coasting up to stop lights or signs, drive erratically, driving fast, carrying a car load of junk everyplace,. among other things will reduce your fuel economy.

Tire choice, tire pressure, driving in a place with a LOT of hills and sharp turns also effects it too... as can a car that simply needs a tune up.

Average is called that for a reason..its an average....many people get better, and many people get worse...this is just the average of what everyone gets. (not exactly true but close enough).
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2017, 08:18 AM
    Brakes can drag as well.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 31, 2017, 01:22 PM
    If everything else is in order, the best test I know is exhaust gas analysis. If that is out of sorts, the results will guide you to the best repair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hyundai accent 20004 starting problem [ 1 Answers ]

My car turns over and won't start have replaced lots of sensors but have finally found out it is a security problem. When I put key in the dash has a pic of a car with a key it flashes then goes out its suppose to stay on or the car won't start any ideas to help please. Be easy on me I'm a 60...

Low mileage [ 1 Answers ]

Even after engine turn up the toyota car IST 2004 model does a low performance of 7.5km per liter. Even Gear box oil has been changed. What else should be done to obtain better performance. This vehicle was purchased by in this October. Rgs

2001 Hyundai Accent timing/starting problem [ 3 Answers ]

2001 Hyundai Accent 1.5L. My timing belt tensioner broke, and my engine died at idle (although it had been making a thumping around at low rpm for a few days which would go away as the rpms increased). Changed my timing belt, set timing on camshaft and crankshaft. Reinstalled alternator belt and...

Powerstroke problem with mileage from 22mpg down to15 mpg replaced with new aira [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2005 F250 powerstroke with a 6.0 since I got the truck I've gotten great fuel(22 mpg interstate) mileage until now. My filter(stock) was dirty so I bought a new filter(airaide) to replace it I'm still getting the same bad fuel economy down to 15 mpg. What is wrong here?

Standard mileage vs. Actual mileage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I had business income last year in 2007 (Schedule C) so I took the auto actual expense deduction. In the current year I do not have the business income but I have the rental income where I can take the auto expenses in Schedule E. I want to know if I can take the standard mileage...

View more questions Search