Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    William Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2005, 11:03 AM
    PVC to Copper Pipe
    I am remodeling a bathroom. The existing drain pipe is 1 1/2" copper tubing. What is the best way to connect a 1 1/2" PVC to 1 1/2" copper tubing?
    bmeier Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2005, 10:50 AM
    I'm pretty sure the standard connector is rubber/neoprene boot. Basically, it is a hollow rubber cylinder which wraps around the outside of each pipe, and then you tighten the ends with metal strap with the connected worn drives.

Hope that help.

Bruce
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2005, 11:23 AM
    I would try to find compression fittings. They have a rubber seal at each end that is compressed against the pipe as you tighten a large nut. Make sure you use DWV fittings. They are longer radius to reduce clogs and a little over 90 degrees to give the correct slope. Also if you have to put a jog in the drain line, use 45's if you have room, again less likely to clog.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 19, 2005, 06:31 PM
    PVC to Copper Pipe
    Quote Originally Posted by William
    I am remodeling a bathroom. The existing drain pipe is 1 1/2" copper tubing. What is the best way to connect a 1 1/2" PVC to 1 1/2" copper tubing?
    Hey William,
    Labman suggested a Fernco Coupling. I only use Fernco Couplings when I can't make a solid connection.
    I would take a 1 1/2" female copper adapter and solder it on the copper pipe.
    Then I would glue on a 1 1/2" PVC male adapter on the PVC. Connect the two and you'll have a solid connection. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copper VS IRON pipe [ 2 Answers ]

?? Which is better for above ground and below ground Copper or Iron pipe?

Copper Pipe Weighty Issue [ 23 Answers ]

I need to place a 3/4" L copper pipe vertically about 15' and rest it on the decking as I cannot make any wall attachments. It will go over the top railing and secure at that point. I could put a little weight on the railing but not very much and how would I share the load anyway. The pipe will...

Broke off copper pipe [ 4 Answers ]

I was trying to replace a bathtub faucet and broke off the copper pipe at the wall is there a way to fix the pipe without calling a plummer or soldering?

Copper pipe in the slab [ 5 Answers ]

In moving our kitchen to another part of the house, I discovered (after removing the old floor cabinets) that the plumbing seems rather "unusual". The 3/4" lines comes out of the floor (slab) to go up to the old sink, but then cross over above the slab about a foot before then going down again...

Gluing copper pipe fittings [ 4 Answers ]

comic sans ms5 Hi I'm very new to forums so I don't know if I'm even in the right place so please forgive my mistakes hopefully I'll learn how to do this without losing my sanity or driving anyone crazy. So here is my question I need to know if it is possible to glue copper pipe I don't like...

View more questions Search