Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Sep 14, 2017, 08:20 PM
    Credit: Equifax
    I couldn't get them on the phone (I wanted to freeze account) so I looked online
    For their address. I filled out a form incl SS# and at the end it said it was for
    Credit monitoring and other services but nothing that said freeze.

I saw other sites asking for personal info but I'm getting paranoid about what
    Is a real site. How can I tell. Millions of people's information has been
    Compromised so I wanted to freeze my credit from all three (or the fourth too)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 15, 2017, 02:40 AM
    You are not alone. Most people can't get through online or by phone.
    One friend got an automated response (from actual equifax) saying to send in various documents by snail mail, all containing very sensitive info like SSN, and he is livid with anger.

My theory: WAIT
    I think it's actually safer to wait. Carefully monitor every possible bit of banking and credit info you have. I do that anyway.
    I do hope you didn't send any info to a bogus site.
    ASK and THINK BEFORE you ACT!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 15, 2017, 04:08 AM
    Browse through these links and see if there is a benefit to you. As you see you must contact all 3 credit reporting agencies not just Equifax for a freeze to be effective.

https://www.alerts.equifax.com/AutoF...fraudAlert.jsp

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...it-freeze-faqs

To place a fraud alert on your credit reports, contact one of the nationwide credit reporting companies. A fraud alert is free. The company you call must tell the other credit reporting companies; they, in turn, will place an alert on their versions of your report.
    Here's Why You Probably Don't Want To Freeze Your Credit | HuffPost

To put a credit freeze in place, you must contact each of the three credit reporting agencies separately (Equifax is one of the three) at the companies’ credit freeze portals. If you don’t contact all three, you basically have no “freeze.”

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EQUIFAX Credit report address [ 2 Answers ]

I checked my credit report and it shows my address as being in a city that I do not live, and it shows my present address as being my "previous address". I have contacted EQUIFAX and they are unable (or unwilling) to tell me where they got the address from (the one I have never lived at - in...

Which credit card company use equifax [ 7 Answers ]

When ne immigration rteform will start?

Which credit card companies use equifax or transunion or both for credit cards? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to establish credit on my own. I have tried with experian and have 10 hard hits got turned down because of insufficient credit historty and to many recent inquires. My equifax score is 787 My transunion is 770. My problem is I am new to credit and my present accounts are permissive user...

Equifax only credit cards? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know a credit card company that only pulls equifax for approval?

View more questions Search