Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2017, 07:10 PM
    Getting Unwanted Transitional Values from Push Button Switch
    When I toggle a push button switch on and off, instead of getting a pure on/off continuity levels I sometimes get "transitional" values. I need it to be purely on/off with nothing in between. What components do I need to add to the switch to make that happen?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 14, 2017, 04:32 PM
    One thing you could try is a relay. It is a type of electronic switch.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2017, 04:42 PM
    Look up DEBOUNCE circuity. All mechanical switches "bounce" a certain amount. Including Mechanical relays. There are ways to minimise its impact electronically.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2017, 07:59 PM
    Try a Solid State Relay
    https://www.omega.com/googlebase/pro...iABEgJl0_D_BwE
    Check Specs and Prices, Above is am Example, They work well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I wire a murrary mower to start and run with a taga switch and a push button [ 1 Answers ]

My murrary mower would not start with the switch I ran a wire streight to the starter and it started now it will not start by going from the battery to starter. Put on another starter same thing.

Where to buy replacement push button light switch for Fluorescent light? [ 4 Answers ]

We have at church an organ light with single tube... when you push button in and hold, it starts the light... releasing it, it lights... push again and its off. It's 3 wires... I cannot find this switch at Lowe's or home depot... or even electric shops... anyone have an idea where I can buy one...

How can I wire a light switch with 3 switches on into 1 push button switch? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to changing some of the light switches at my church to push button timer switches to prevent the lights being left on. Some of the rooms have 3 switches for 3 lights but I only want 1 button? Any idea?

Press sleep button and switch on/off button to be able to see login screen [ 1 Answers ]

Friend of mine has got problem with his new desktop (XP SP2) , when he starts the PC it boots normally till it reaches where it shows windows XP logo then the screen gets blank (i.e he can not see the login name for users). What he used to do: is press the sleep button on the keyboard, then...

View more questions Search