Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dawn Gregg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2017, 01:14 PM
    Uneven tile floor setting of toilet
    We just had a new tile floor installed. Plumber says the toilet can not be installed properly because tile is uneven. Tile guy says good plumber should be able to install toilet. What should we do?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2017, 02:14 PM
    Tell the tile person to level it properly. They do sell toilet shims but I would push the tile job.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2017, 11:16 PM
    Tell the tile man " a good tile man would put the tile in even" so correct the problem. If you haven't paid him don't, if you have stop check.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Setting a toilet on concrete floor? [ 3 Answers ]

I have cut the 3" drain pipe at the concrete floor level but the flange will not go all the way down to the floor. It rests about 1/4 inch off so when I mount the toilet on the flange, the toilet won't rest on the floor, it too is about 1/4inch high. Nothing has been glued or set permanently yet. ...

Toilet soil pipe is 1/2 in below fin. Tile floor how do I built concrete floor up [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 problems,just had my bathroom floor tiled on top of concrete floor and was going to use a outside 4 in outside flange on a 4in soil pipe. I can fit over soilpipe now but tile under flange bolt down holes have no concrete under them,plus top of soil pipe is 1/2 inch below top of tile ,tile...

Uneven floor around closet toilet flange [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing the seal on my toilet and the subfloor is uneven around the closet flange. The toilet was originally placed on a seam in the subflooring--very small bathroom only place that the toilet would fit-I guess. What do I do know? Rubber shims? Is that going to work. I am replacing the...

Concrete floor has an uneven area which causes the toilet to rock back and forth. [ 1 Answers ]

Concrete floor under toilet has an uneven spot which causes the toilet to rock when someone sits on it. Have tightened the fixture to the floor as much as I dare without breaking it. Suggestions on how to level the area so that the toilet will set flush (pun intended) and not rock would be...

Setting Tile on Shower Floor and Walls [ 3 Answers ]

We are about to begin setting the tile in the shower. Which should we do first? The floor or the walls?

View more questions Search