Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhoey84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2017, 10:27 AM
    Which of the following account balances would not be affected by closing journal en
    Which of the following account balances would not be affected by closing journal entries?

Interest expense.
    Accumulated depreciation.
    Dividends.
    Retained earnings.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 13, 2017, 12:26 PM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2017, 01:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoey84 View Post
    Which of the following account balances would not be affected by closing journal entries?

Interest expense.
    Accumulated depreciation.
    Dividends.
    Retained earnings.
    In fact they all would, excepting dividends, which are determined after determination of profit

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the general journal entries affected? [ 1 Answers ]

Investments are in listed companies and are sated at market valuation at each balance date of 31/01. The increases in fair value are held in Reained earnings. trial balance accounts are: Investments long term=2010 23100 2009= 20300 Fair value gain on long term investment $2800 in 2010 and 0 in...

When closing what in the trail balance should have zero balances [ 1 Answers ]

When closing year end books what accounts should have a zero balance when closing?

Post-closing trial balances [ 1 Answers ]

Which of the following accounts would not appear in the post-closing trial balance? Interest Payable; Equipment; Depreciation Expense; Dividends, Unearned Revenue; Accumulated Depreciation—Equipment; and Service Revenue.

Post closing trial balances [ 1 Answers ]

In a post closing trial balance do you include the current liabilities or only the long term liability?

Income summary - the debit side of closing balances [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - this is my first time out here... I have an accounting question on income summary... I just can't get the debit side of it, I will try to send it along and if anyone can help me find my missing blanks... I have most of it done, just cant't get the income summary right, I hope it goes...

View more questions Search