Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdkoston Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2017, 06:46 PM
    Concrete trench electrical duct
    In a commercial building we would like to install a concrete electrical trench duct in floor with cover, from main to new equipment (1200amps). Can we put other items like air lines ,computer lines ,data lines ,in trench also. Not able to find much in the NEC code.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 11, 2017, 08:57 PM
    Is there a danger of flooding? Most electrical designs and regulations specify so far from the ground for outlets for that reason. You should call a building inspector for clarity.

Trenches are for drainage purposes generally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete Trench Drain to PVC [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, First time posting here. Thanks for the forum. I am having a new concrete driveway poured and with the slope coming towards the house and garage, I have to have a channel/trench drain. The contractor is going to re-do the existing trench in concrete and re-use the existing metal...

Contractor cut electrical wires under concrete near pool [ 5 Answers ]

I hired a company to come to my home and lift some concrete that had sunken near the pool. The results of the concrete lift looks great, no problem there. The problem is when they were prepping the section to be lifted, they used a big concrete wet saw with a 14" blade to cut down the control...

Can I replace 12x8 cold air return duct with 12 inch flex duct in my basement? [ 2 Answers ]

I need head room in my basement and want to take down the old cold air return metal duct work 12x 8 and re-route to the plenum with 12"flex duct. Will this be a problem with the furnace working properly? Please advise

Teethmarks on electrical wires-can I wrap duct tape? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a mischievous,:p but very cute orange cat, who has attempted to chew electrical wires. Thank goodness - all is OK, and he never bit through, :rolleyes: but I did notice some attempts :mad: and some "teethmarks" on the computer and vacum cleaner, and lamp electrical wires. But, phew, as...

Pouring Concrete Slab over Electrical [ 4 Answers ]

We are going to pour a concrete slab in a shop that currently has no floor. My husband wants to lay the electric in/under the slab instead on going overhead. Can we do this? If so, what's the best process?

View more questions Search