Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 6, 2017, 06:00 AM
    Just curious about amazon billing error!
    As a happy amazon Prime member, I was amazed to get a billing error yesterday. I had just bought 2 items and was charged for one of them twice, a day apart. They refunded me after I called; not a problem. But it has to be a software issue, right? They take over a billion orders a year. I think it had to do with me selecting the 'later delivery' option to get $5 off a pantry box, but they sent the small item, the one they charged twice for, the day after I ordered, and kept the bigger item for 'late delivery.' Any thoughts from people who write software?

It was a good lesson - never ever assume that a huge well run company doesn't make mistakes.

(On a side note, it just took me forever to find 'ask a question' on this site. Don't know what skin I'm in. The one without a lot of big buttons of red and blue.)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 6, 2017, 08:09 AM
    Sometimes a contractor down the road makes a mistake too. Amazon like all the online retailers uses many contractors/vendors to keep its operations going. They all have their own software issue at times. It's like the "Butterfly Effect", a small change here, makes a bigger difference there. So far I have no issues (but a few hassles) correcting GLITCHES, as they don't make mistakes. As long as I hear, "We're so sorry let me help fix that for you." I'm happy.

I go off when they say "it takes 3 to 5 days" to fix this though (business days of course). The software seems to work just fine when you hit the submit button, and they take your payments. LOL, I don't know what skin I'm in either. Sure those buttons ain't pimples?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2017, 08:31 AM
    You're both in Original. :)
    Expert

Sep 6, 2017, 08:48 AM
    Those buttons on my skin aren't pimples? How come I can't find where to ask a question at? Is it me, or the software?
    current pert

Sep 6, 2017, 10:28 AM
    I forgot to mention that they were both amazon items.
    Anyway, my imagination went wild at this notion of a billing software bug - IF you select late ship, and IF any item you buy gets shipped out right away just because it's small, THEN you get billed twice.
    That's a lot of moolah IF people don't check their bills.
    But I suspect that amazon fixes such things pretty quickly because some of us notice!

(I found 'ask a question' by scrolling to the bottom of just one place. Can't tell if you are kidding or not, tal.)
    Expert

Sep 6, 2017, 02:53 PM
    No kidding, I can't find the ask a question button!

8o

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

:(
    current pert

Sep 6, 2017, 06:23 PM
    I wonder if Raoul cares....
    Expert

Sep 6, 2017, 08:16 PM
    It's not like I have any questions to ask... but you never know. Matter of fact, I use to know, but forgot. I forgot what skin I'm in, or why it matters?

You aren't taking pleasure from my confusion are YOU? 8)

My experience with online shopping has been really good so far, the wife shops, I pay. No malls and running store to store, and so far a simple phone call gets things straightened out. But it seems every time you buy something you get those darn advertisement EMAILS. Even when you unsubscribe or send them to spam, you still get them from emails you never heard of.

I think they pay people to spam you with their stuff. I feel like jumping out of my skin sometimes. Amazon is good for that!
    current pert

Sep 8, 2017, 11:07 AM
    And I wonder if I even like the skin I'm in. Not so much. It's too pink and easily burned, and grows a mole if I just scratch a mosquito bite, and my whole family gets skin cancers of all types. Now my skin is super sensitive at age 70 3/4, and I've heard rumors that that is a sign of impending shingles. So... time to shed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I list purchases from Amazon by Amazon or by the sub vendor? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a number of purchases from Amazon that are from separate vendors using Amazon sales portal, they are mostly one offs... do I list them as separate vendors or just under the main main Amazon account in my ledger?

How to use Amazon.com [ 1 Answers ]

I got a gift card for visa and I want to shop online so I went to amazon.com I got the stuff I wanted and I put everything I needed to but it didn't come through as in I didn't receive what I had paid for so... I'm thinking I did something wrong =D and I wood appreciate if someone can tell me...

Retailer wants more money = error in billing [ 5 Answers ]

I have purchased a boat and motor package with accessories. I have paid my bill in full. The retailer has contacted me a month later saying they made a mistake adding up the bill of sale and want me to pay an extra $400.00. What are my rights? After reviewing the bill, there appears to be an...

Amazon.com & .co.uk [ 5 Answers ]

I live in the U.K and usually use Amazon.co.uk and was wondering if I can order things from the Amazon.com site which is American.

Dwwin.exe error after Amazon log-in [ 2 Answers ]

This is a weird one also concerning dwwin.exe. This ONLY happens when I have logged into Amazon.ca. To be clear, if I go to Amazon to look around, it's fine, and it's fine with any other website - but if I LOG In to my Amazon account, then when I log off my computer (I'm using Windows XP) here's...

View more questions Search