Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 10, 2017, 03:32 AM
    Beam me up Scotty! There is no intelligent life on Earth! We can try again in a few centuries.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2017, 04:57 AM
    This is the only chance you get
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2017, 05:12 AM
    1. The sentiment of the poem does not reflect anything about United States immigration law Seems to me it is time for that statue to be taken down too! It no longer reflects the mood of the people
    Doesn't reflect Aussie immigration policy either .Do you take in people just because they are refugees ? No of course not . You keep them in detention centers with the promise that if they behave themselves ,there is a chance they can emigrate to the US . Of course you won't allow them in even though you have mostly an unoccupied continent .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2017, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Doesn't reflect Aussie immigration policy either .Do you take in people just because they are refugees ? No of course not . You keep them in detention centers with the promise that if they behave themselves ,there is a chance they can emigrate to the US . Of course you won't allow them in even though you have mostly an unoccupied continent .
    You are not usually so uninformed Tom so I'm assuming you are having a personal go at me.

Let us deal with the unoccupied continent myth first, we don't know anyone who wants to come and occupy the parts we haven't already occupied, not even the indigenous people want to live there, and even when they were the only people here their numbers were small after 60,000 years, just half a million. There is a reason why we live near the coast and it is called water, you may have heard of it. Your country appears amply endowed with it at the moment

Now refugees and immigration. We have an immigration policy which let's in about 200,000 a year and among them are refugees, properly vetted offshore. We do not allow any Jasime and Abdul who decide they want to live here to come, but we know you are happy to accept every Juan and Rosetta who cross your border. We have even offered to take some off your hands in a swap, because we like good Christian people, but before the flood starts, the same rules apply to them. You might wonder why we don't take more and the answer is economic, inflation, lack of housing, employment, we don't want people starving to death and we don't want them in the welfare system.

We keep illegal "immigrants", aliens who have entered the country illegally, in detention as a deterrent. Any half arsed deals we did with Obama have come to nothing. We offer them deals so they can go home with a little money because, like your own circumstance, we don't want them to stay. We got on top of this drowning at sea nonsense before it became popular in the mediterranian. We did not want the same thing as happened in Europe. You may think this is heartless and we should just let them come and park them in the middle of the desert, but the abo's would probably eat them, goanna being a little scarse these days

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm serious I've been trying to find this movie for years and years and years [ 9 Answers ]

I think this movie/ TV film is from the 80s or 90s. I cannot remember the name of the movie as I watched it when I was quite young. What I can remember is that two young girls meet on a beach, one with blonde hair the other dark haired. It is set on a beach for majority of the film (I think). The...

10 years marriage-stay home mom 8 years. Now have job and husband has trust issues [ 7 Answers ]

Thank you for reading. Long story, short version. Met husband 12 years ago... both were social bar fly's. I love to dance and listen music and so did he. As we've aged (40 now) I still love music and dancing and hanging with friends once every few months to dinner and perhaps a lounge place. He...

If charged six years jail time and 4 years probation will you serve all 6 years jail [ 2 Answers ]

My exhusband was charged with theft by bring stolen property into state, theft by taking, theft by receiving stolen property, criminal trespass, aggravated cruelty to animals, removal of id items from animals. His sentence is 6 years jail time and 4 years probation. Will he serve all 6 years jail...

If charged six years jail time and 4 years probation will you serve all 6 years jail [ 1 Answers ]

My exhusband has never execised his visitation rights of our twin girls. We have been divorced for 7 1/2 years. He is in jail now. I have not received child support in 2 years. Is this considered abandament? I live in Georgia.

View more questions Search