Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ankitsharma112 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2017, 12:15 AM
    Biological Children Rights
    When a father remarries and dies and does not leave a will can his biological children from his first marriage obtain any of his estates?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 5, 2017, 03:31 AM
    Probably true, but it depends on where in the world the father resided.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2017, 03:54 PM
    It depends on the intestacy laws where you are located. In Virginia for instance, the surviving spouse of an intestate decedent would inherit 1/3 of property that would have been heritable through a will, while surviving biological children of the deceased, but not the spouse would inherit the remainder of the estate. So much depends on the location, and if you'll provide the one in question, you'll get way better answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biological children's rights estate when stepmother and her kids don't keep in touch [ 13 Answers ]

My natural father passed away last year leaving myself and my sister, he also left a wifr my stepmother and her two children, we are all adults now but they no longer keep in touch with us and we were woundering what our legal rights are?

Inheritance rights for non-biological children [ 4 Answers ]

Our stepfather never formally adopted us but our mother had custody of us and we grew up with him. One of his relatives in france has died intestate and we are now possible heirs of this relative. However, we need to establish a legal relationship to our stepfather (deceased) and would like to...

In england do non biological parents have access rights to children [ 2 Answers ]

If a same sex couple separate does the non biological parent have any access rights to the children in England?

Biological children's rights to deceased Dad's share of property [ 6 Answers ]

Hi; My children are both adults whose father is recently deceased. He remarried several years ago. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor (which he had removed via surgery). The stepmother advised that he had a will which left everything to her. She received a sizeable amount upon his death from a...

Non-biological father wanting to sign off rights so the biological father [ 15 Answers ]

I was pressured into signing as the father to my now ex girlfriends baby, she's now back with the biological father and we're trying to find out how I can sign the rights over so that the biological father can have rights of his baby. How would we go about signing off my rights, and would anything...

View more questions Search