Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 10, 2017, 08:49 AM
    Part of co-opting is making everything look like it helps out the dissenters while making it work to serve their own interests.
    I don't think it takes much thinking to think of a lot of examples.
    There's an old saying, 'What's good for the revolution is good for Winchester.' (The gun manufacturer)
    There's ways to make a profit from dissent. A profit can be made from anything.
    And dissent, being the way we believe that we are living in a democracy, is handy for the gov't. That's why we don't see actual revolution. No coups. Just a lot of protest. Most of it going nowhere.
    And the MIC? They love dissent. They get to 'give' all their unwanted military gear to SWAT teams (they aren't allowed to sell it to them), with a lot of funny money changing hands in the way of chits in the drawer. Homeland Security jumps almost instantly to 3rd biggest cabinet agency behind DoD and the VA, and doesn't answer to DoJ the way the FBI does. They get away with stuff they aren't supposed to be doing (and saying, like identifying domestic terror groups), and they cornered the market on ammo for a few years.
    Now they have ANTIFA! They couldn't be happier.

This was my position 50 years ago... I've mellowed as most old farts do.

Yes, I'm not really on the exact topic of the cartoon. I don't care. If someone is here asking what a political cartoon means, I want to fill in some general background about attitudes about gov't. Doesn't even matter to me if it's a liberal slant or a conservative one.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 10, 2017, 08:59 AM
    Hello,has anybody noticed repubs and conservatives have taken over not just the house and senate but most state governments as well. Maybe that's the fallout of liberals getting their way, but the tide started turning in 2012, and still they holler for more.
    Allen Farber Posts: 191, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2017, 02:20 PM
    When you say that they're aligned with the government... aligned how? You mean they work with the government?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I've chosen a political cartoon, and my assignment was to depict it for logical falla [ 1 Answers ]

I've chosen a political cartoon, and my assignment was to depict it for logical fallacies, I need help. Fallacy of composition Cherry picking Sweeping generalization Red herring Bandwagon Appeal to ridicule Affirming the consequent

Can Social, political, or economic conditions can alter the nature and meaning of art [ 9 Answers ]

Can Social, political, or economic conditions can alter the nature and meaning of art

Social, political, or economic conditions can alter the nature and meaning of art. [ 2 Answers ]

Social, political, or economic conditions can alter the nature and meaning of art.

Character map and join or die political cartoon? [ 9 Answers ]

I got this summer packet and I have to do a character trait chart which looks really weird I'm not sure how to fill it out, but can any of you people help me out by telling me how to fill out a character map? :confused: Also I got social studies too I got this picture of join or die The...

Social, political, or economic conditions can alter the nature and meaning of art [ 0 Answers ]

Be certain to support your position with examples that compare and contrast at least two of the following eras: Baroque, Rococo, Neoclassicism, and Romanticism. Choose specific examples of artistic achievements from the two eras. Examples can be drawn from architecture, painting, printmaking, or...

View more questions Search