Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2017, 06:58 AM
    Ceiling is bulging and has a crack
    Part of the ceiling is bulging and has a small crack.But no water leak coming from the roof. I guess you would have to cut out that section and add a drywall sheet
    Attached Images

ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2017, 08:38 AM
    Looks like a truss maybe cracked. Need to go into the attic to check.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2017, 09:37 AM
    Do not have an attic. Possibly Tape Joint cracking
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2017, 02:28 PM
    If the tape is bulging that much, there is another reason than a loose tape, particularly with a crack. Flat roof or gable?
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2017, 02:53 PM
    Flat Roof
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 1, 2017, 03:34 PM
    Too much damage, if a flat roof. Is this someone else needing your help, pastor? This would be a major reconstruction. Best to tell them to find the money to get it fixed. Otherwise distance yourself. I have a flat roof on my garage. Found someone to fix a membrane over it, guaranteed for about, maybe 30 years. Don't know if that is an option in your area. It cost me 800/ CDN

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling Crack [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ceiling crack that goes across my livingroom. A pro came in and taped it and even plastered the crack but it still comes through. How can I fix this?

My house has cracks in walls and ceiling; one ceiling crack is 1/4" wide. [ 4 Answers ]

The house is on cement slab, about ten years old.

Bulging ceiling [ 2 Answers ]

Have recently had a loft extension done (by a reputable company) and have noticed that we now have several bulging lines running across the ceiling in one of the bedrooms below. The other bedroom doesn't have any bulges but quite a few cracks. When I say bulge I just mean a slight roundness rather...

Crack in ceiling [ 4 Answers ]

I Have A Joint Crack From The Owners Before Us And Want To Fix It They Didn't Do A Good Job Of Covering It Up And It Has Stucco On The Ceiling But The Lines Still Show Throw Can You Please Help Ti Make Me Fix It :(

Crack in ceiling. [ 3 Answers ]

We have a crack in the ceiling where the dinning room transitions to the living room. It looks like it has been taped at least once without success. How would I go about fixing this? It seems to be getting longer.

View more questions Search