Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlbrunet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 09:28 PM
    Toys in toilet
    My 4 yr old son flushed a rubber aligator and snake in the toilet and now the toilet does't
    Flush very well. How can I fix this without calling a plumber?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2007, 09:32 PM
    Well, since we can't call the Crocodile Hunter any more, the next logical step would be to snake it out. I had to take my toilet off and fish out the wash rag my son flushed once. That requires getting a new bees wax toilet ring.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 17, 2007, 01:26 AM
    Try using your hand and see if you can pull anything out. But like mag said it's noy hard to take it up and look.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Apr 17, 2007, 01:40 AM
    You really want one of these;

Draper Drain Cleaner 4.7M - DIY and Tools from DIYTools.co.uk - Your First Stop For All Things DIY !

To either push the objects through or pull them back!

Your local DIY store should sell them, they're not expensive!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 03:34 AM
    If yuck, your hand won't fit, I would try a coat hanger wire. Pulling the toilet can be a bother. They are heavy, fragile, and unwieldy. A new set of closet bolts would be a good idea in addition to a wax ring.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 17, 2007, 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrunet
    my 4 yr old son flushed a rubber aligator and snake in the toilet and now the toilet does't
    flush very well. how can i fix this without calling a plumber?
    You don't need one of these,( see image) they're fine for clearing drains but what you need to get is a closet auger, (see image)to get down past the bend and auger into the toys and pull them back. If that fails then the toilet will have to be pulled and t6he toys fished out from the bottom. Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toys for Labs [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I will first start by saying this is a great site for information. I need some suggestions for toys for my 6 month old lab. We have a rope toy and a plush sqeaky toy and a Nylabone. We have gone to Petcetera (we live in Canada) and only see really $$$ stuffed animals. We have Kongs but we...

Childhood toys [ 6 Answers ]

Sit back and think, now christmas is coming up and I'm after gift ideas but I don't want just any old gift ideas I want you to tell me what your favorite toy was as a child and weather or not there is an updated version now. Mine was lego I used to spend hours building walls to stop my sister...

Dog Toys [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone suggest a dog toy that is good for a heavy chewer? I am looking for something that possibly bounces or rolls, I got her the Orka jack which claimed it stands up to the toughest chewers, but my dog had an "arm" chewed off it in about 2 minutes. I only let her play with it when I am...

Toys in toilet pipes [ 10 Answers ]

Hello and thank you for taking the time to offer your advice. My son (2yrs) flushed toys down the toilet (and who knows what else). I've tried a plunger - no go. I've tried the snake, but it won't go through. There is obviously hard objects blocking the entire passage. I think I need to take the...

View more questions Search