Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RArguin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2017, 10:54 AM
    Do nails coming through the roof (missed the beams) need to be removed?
    Do nails coming through the roof (missed the beams) need to be removed in order to maintain the integrity of the roof long term.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2017, 12:33 PM
    Missing the joist? A truss? Are these long nails? Short nails? Short ones would most likely be from reroofing. How old is the house? No need to remove but I would be more concerned about nails that should have hit the joist.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 30, 2017, 06:16 PM
    Of course roofing nails go though the plywood all the time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can you insulate a roof that is beams, a layer of plywood and corrugated tin? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a roof built of 4" x 6" beam at about a 3/12 pitch, on 36" centers. Those are covered by a layer of 3/4" plywood which is covered with corrugated metal. I would like to add insulation on the under side. Either tack Styrofoam board to the underside of the plywood, then cover with bead...

New roof- nails are a hazard [ 4 Answers ]

We have a walk in attic. A new roof was just put on and the old roof (3 layers) was ripped off, new plywood put down, roofing paper and then shingles. The problem is that the roofing nails came through and protrude as much as 3-4 inches into the ceiling of the attic which slopes down from a...

The beams,from the bottom of the roof are cracking from water [ 1 Answers ]

The roof is collapseing how do I fix the beams

Hanging stuff from garage roof joists/beams? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am looking to hang some gymnastic rings from the exposed beams/joists in my garage (sorry I am not clued up on the beam/joist/rafter terminology) but am slightly concerned about how much weight the roof will support. I'll try to explain the setup as best as I can as I can't upload a...

Removed unility sink. Now a foul odor coming from the cabinet below. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My husband removed the utility sink in our utility go give us more counter space. Now about a month later there is a very foul odor coming from the cabinet below where the sink used to be. Can you tell me how to get rid of the stink? It seems like it is coming from the wall. tlgoetz

View more questions Search