Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammydp2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2017, 06:55 AM
    Alcohol Test
    My son is in a transition center. He just started a landscaping job. He needs to use sunscreen. Will this sunscreen cause false positive on an alcohol test?

Equate Ultra Protection Sunscreen Lotion
    Active ingredients: Avobenzone 3.0%, Homosalate 13.0%, Octisalate 5.0%, Octocrylene 7.0, Oxybenzone 4.0%
    Inactive ingredients: water, sorbitol, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, VP/eicosene copolymer, stearic acid, triethanolamine, sorbitan isostearate, benzyl alcohol, dimethicone, tocopherol (vitamin E), polyglyceryl-3 distearate, fragrance, methylparaben, carbomer, propylparaben, disodium EDTA

Thank you for your help!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 29, 2017, 07:41 AM
    Highly possible, but let me ask if he has a doctor that is aware of his condition and needs, and is the transition center aware of the same thing. If they are NOT, then you better make sure that they are.
    tammydp2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2017, 08:05 AM
    He did have a problem with drugs, but not alcohol. The transition center randomly tests residents for alcohol and drugs when they start working. Do you know of a brand of sunscreen that will not cause a false positive for alcohol? I do not want him to have any problems.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 29, 2017, 08:42 AM
    He can contact the treatment center in regards to recommendation on products that are safe for his use.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 29, 2017, 08:46 AM
    My question was has he informed the transition center (half way house?) of his condition and needs? That's the priority now, and what they tell him to do about it. I caution you both to avail yourself of THEIR counseling rather than any online advice about what to use for this situation.

Do it THEIR way!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Positive EtG alcohol test no alcohol has been consumed [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, My son is on probation for not taking a breathalyzer test last month of his senior year in college. He is in his 6th month of being an assistant GM at a fitness club (He is a rec major). He took a urine test a month ago and drug test was fine, they sent it to a lab and it came back positive,...

Will 4 grams of alcohol sugar fail alcohol urine test [ 2 Answers ]

I drank a energy and I noticed afterwards that it had a content of 4 grams of alcohol sugar.. will it be detected in my urine test this morning..

Help, Positive ETG Alcohol test and no alcohol has been consumed? [ 21 Answers ]

And again. More failed ETGs. He is not drinking. What to do? Could there be something wrong with his liver? He DOES NOT drink.

View more questions Search