Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KylahD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2017, 04:22 PM
    Do I have dry socket?
    Hi! I'm 5 days after having all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out. I was wondering what the area is supposed to look like. I'm not in intense pain or I don't think it's that bad anyway. My pain is barely noticeable after the prescribed ibuprofen. I was just worried because one of my bottom extraction sites looks completely different to the other. I can see just a tiny bit of what looks like a white tissue on one and it seems much deeper than the other. The one with white tissue was an impacted tooth though. I'm not sure if that makes much of a difference in the way it heals or not though. Thanks in advance for any advice!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 27, 2017, 03:56 AM
    Dry socket is when the blood clot in the extraction site has been dislodged. Blood clot forms, protects and heals. Is one of the reasons you are told to eat only soft foods, not poke around the site, and not irrigate your mouth constantly; when rinsing, use a gentle action. If you are unsure, please go back, or call your dentist. Without seeing the extraction site, we cant tell you one way or another.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 socket on chandelier blew out, but socket appears to be fixed by rivet; how change? [ 1 Answers ]

I've moved this Williamsburg-style brass chandelier from home to home with us. Last moved it in 1992. It uses small base bulbs, one of which just blew out after I tightened all of them, then restored power. Bulb component broke off from base and I removed base by twisting with a longnose plier....

I have no electrical socket in my upstairs hall can I get a wireless socket ? [ 9 Answers ]

I rent an old victorian house - one problem no power (no socket) in the upstairs hall which is a problem for switching in hoover / or running a table lamp, or PC etc. I am currently using a long extension lead from my bedroom but this can't stay permanent so is a pest having to roll out and plug...

Convert A15 intermediate socket to A19 standard socket [ 1 Answers ]

I have one of those hampton bay fans with the stupid A15 intermediate base bulbs, I can only find bulbs like this that are for appliances like microwaves locally. There was a thread for this same question and it looks like the guy found a solution but the link was removed here's that thread...

Convert A15 intermediate socket to A19 standard socket [ 10 Answers ]

I need more light from my Hampton Bay ceiling fan light. It has the new A15 Intermediate base bulb and does not put out enough light. Is there a fluorescent bulb available for the Intermediate base socket? Is there an adapter available for the socket that would allow me to use a Standard size...

View more questions Search