Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FirsthomeIL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2017, 03:53 PM
    Floor drain I think
    I have an uncovered pvc pipe/ floor drain in my 2nd story new construction laundry room that is full of water. I have snaked it and it will not go down. Please help.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2017, 04:55 PM
    If it is indeed a floor drain, it has a trap and that is most likely the water you see. It should be there and if functioning properly should not go down.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 27, 2017, 06:13 PM
    Try to pour in bucket of water. See if water goes down the drain - or if it overflows. That will tell you if it is an active floor drain or some old, disconnected piece of pipe. It may have Primer connected to it. Primer makes sure there is always standing water inside the trap. In any case, make sure you plug the end so you don't get sewer gases in to your house

Hope that helps

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does basement floor drain connected to french drain/solid pvc need vent? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm installing a basement floor drain with a p-trap and plan to run a drain pipe 36 inches underneath footer and connect to an existing drainage system. The existing system starts as a footer french drain that originates inside my crawl space with about 40 feet of perforated pipe covered with...

Blocked bathroom drain? When toilet flushes, water comes out of floor drain. [ 1 Answers ]

After/during a shower, or now even when I flush the toilet or turn on the taps for a bit at the hand basin, water comes back out of the drain in the bathroom floor. This started about yesterday. I think it's getting worse, some toilet paper is coming up too. Can I plunge it or use a drain...

Second floor laundry room drain raised above floor [ 1 Answers ]

Please help! We recently moved into a new construction home. Unfortunately, our front load washer in our second floor laundry room recently continuously leaked for about 12 hours. It was a steady stream of water. Unfortunately, the drain installed by the builder is slightly raised, so...

2nd Floor, Floor drain backing up with water in restroom [ 1 Answers ]

I have a second floor restroom at my workplace and there is a little bit of water backing up and some sewer gas smell. There is rarely anything that goes down that drain but there is a little water in it that I can see. Also it seems that the urinals in the same restroom are draining very slowly....

View more questions Search