Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khyly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2017, 03:18 AM
    What is the effects of wearing corrective lenses? Does it improve vision?
    I already tried searching on the net but I cant find an exact answer if it really improve vision. Hope you can help me
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 26, 2017, 03:55 AM
    The answer to your question is, YES.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 26, 2017, 03:57 AM
    I have worn glasses (if that's what you mean by corrective lenses) for 62 of my 70 years. Yes, they very much improve my vision. I am near sighted and have astigmatism, 2 different conditions of the eye.
    The trouble with astigmatism is that it changes constantly, so I do not have perfect vision at all times.
    But I only notice it at night, when I see something bright like the moon or car headlights on a dark road.
    Those of us who need glasses have to get new lenses periodically. Many get them every 3 or 4 years, but I am lazy and wait 10 or more.

I am due for cataract surgery, as many people my age need, and may pay extra for corrective lenses inserted in my eyes. Then I won't need glasses!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 26, 2017, 04:25 AM
    I had cataracts removed 3 months ago. I never had perfect vision, and still don't have it. I thought too I would never need glasses again but have to wear glasses for driving. I paid extra for the best lenses to be inserted. The glasses I use now are a new prescription. Yes, my distant vision is better but not perfect. You will definitely need glasses for reading.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I improve my vision naturally? [ 6 Answers ]

I want to improve my vision, but I don't want to wear glasses. How can I improve vision naturally?

How to improve blurred vision without glassess [ 7 Answers ]

How can I improve my blurred vision without glassess or surgery? Should I try some eye exercises or get more of a vitamin? I've heard that eye exercises help vision so do you know any good kind?

Which Will Correct Vision the Best, Hard or Soft Contact Lenses? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, All! The title is my question. Which is it? Or, are they about the same? Thanks!

What is the difference between digital camera vision system and strobe vision system? [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between digital camera vision system and strobe vision system?

Are There Any Physical Exercises That Actually Work to Improve Your Vision? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, All! I remember decades ago, when Jacques LaLanne used to have his exercise show on television. He even had exercises for the eyes. I always wondered about the exercises for the eyes... Are there really any physical exercises that work to improve the eyesight of a person? Thanks!

View more questions Search