Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tracy0915 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2017, 12:26 PM
    Drug test alcohol
    I had my normal pain mgmt drug testing done and I'm confused about the results regarding alcohol readings

Ethyl not present
    Ethyl sulfate not present
    Ethyl glucurondine 302.

Can you help me understand what that means? Thank you in advance.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 22, 2017, 02:00 PM
    My Interpretation of the results suggest that there is no alcohol in your system at time of testing, No EtS, but significant amounts of EtG. This would indicate alcohol consumption within the last 60-80 hours.

Did you consume alcohol within 60-80 hours prior to the test?

Why are you confused?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2017, 02:34 PM
    EtG is a byproduct of alcohol oxidation. Were you drinking?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 22, 2017, 03:00 PM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethyl_glucuronide

A disadvantage of the test is that because EtG can be detected in samples at very low levels, it can also be positive after exposure to alcohol from non-beverage sources, or incidental exposure, which can lead to false positives. The sources of possible exposure in the environment are numerous and include alcohol in mouthwash, foods, over-the-counter medications, and even from inhalation of alcohol from topical use. It is impossible with this biomarker to distinguish small amounts of drinking from extraneous exposure to alcohol.[SIZE=2][5][/SIZE]
    Doctors are not bound by the legal standard of accidental exposure and have a free hand to take appropriate action. I would expect you have filled out a questionnaire about the products you personally use and be made aware to stay away from any that would show up in your testing.

302 reading do indicate higher than the allowable levels to pass mot employer or court ordered tests. What has changed from your last test to this one would be my question to you. The answer may help clear up your confusion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will the lab test my positive 5 panel drug test for alcohol/ETG?? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm currently being randomly drug tested for probation and am not supposed to do drugs or consume alcohol. It is a standard 5 panel drug test along with a PBT. I tested positive for THC on the initial screening, so they are going to send the urine to a lab for further testing. My question is, will...

Drug and alcohol test [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a male,weight is 290lbs,height is 5'10 I had about 18oz of beer one before a urine test.What will the test say?

Alcohol urine drug test [ 1 Answers ]

Last night 1 drank 12 beers my last beer being @ 11:30. I had a UA at 3:45 today I weigh 194 lbs. Will I pass?

Drug and alcohol urine test [ 1 Answers ]

I drank from about 10pm sat night till round 3am Sunday morning its now Monday morning will the alcohol show up in my test?

View more questions Search