Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RDWEATHERS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2017, 03:58 PM
    I have a sloped porch floor I need to level with room
    The porch floor slopes from the house floor from about 7/8" to 1-3/4" and I plan to install engineered wood flooring over the entire room. I have tried a plywood/sleeper approach and it isn't flat enough or sound enough. I am thinking an over pour of some type of cement with fiber would be the best solution.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 21, 2017, 06:53 PM
    Porches are sloped downward for rain runoff. Is it now enclosed?
    What do you mean exactly by 'entire room?'
    What is under the porch that protects it from below?
    You can't treat a porch like part of the house without all the details from the ground up, including piers and posts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transition between porch and living room floor levels to stop water damage [ 2 Answers ]

Weather barrage Between porch and living room on level floors Water barrage between floors

Have odd floor,sunken living room and family room and want it all one level [ 3 Answers ]

My living room and family room are sunken with ceramic tile on top, How would I make it one leverl?

Enclosed porch?sun room [ 0 Answers ]

how much should I charge to build a 8'x16' sun room with a stone wraped bottom approx. 120 sq. ft. with roof

Shower floor not sloped toward drain [ 8 Answers ]

I just replaced my shower and put in slate tile on floor and walls. I tried to put in a sloped mortar floor before putting in the tile but I did not put enough slope in it and of coarse did not check it before laying the tile. Now I have a beautiful shower with water that sits and doesn't drain...

Adding a screened porch/room [ 3 Answers ]

My husband & I are considering a screened porch to be attached (that's probably the only kind) to the house where there is a 10ft.x 18ft slab. It will be on the small side then, with a height just shy of 8ft. We are differing on the approx. cost. Before I call any companies... would anyone know...

View more questions Search