Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cw1959 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Open a second company under bankruptcy
    I'm a small business owner with IRS problems and now a creditor problem. My recievables equal both the IRS debt and the vender debt. The vender won a judgement against the company and my bank account has be levied $14,000.00. If I file for bankruptcy can I open up another company during the period of bankruptcy?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Is this a LLC, Corporation or private owner
    cw1959 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 07:46 AM
    s-corporation and I guess what I'm asking is it illegal to open another company so that I can support myself while everything clears up with the original company. Don't co-mingle old recievables with new company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company Introduction Letter (B2B) for a HR services outsourcing company [ 10 Answers ]

How can I make a good company Introduction letter (B2B), for a HR outsourcing company? Please help me out with any free samples.

Open Bankruptcy/Eviction Laws [ 1 Answers ]

We are filing for bankruptcy because of an on the job injury resulting in a disability. We lost our Workmans Comp. case because of an automobile accident occurring before our case went to trial. There has been two trials with everyone pointing their finger at everyone else over the injury. We've...

Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

My mom cosigned on a car loan. She filed bk. I continued making payments. My bank account got messed up. I set up payment arrangements. They came and repossessed the car. Can they do that since my mom was only a cosigner?

Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

Will my wife have to pay for my medical bills if I declare bankruptcy even if I signed soul responsibility?:confused:

Bankruptcy [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: I'm thinking in going in bankruptcy. I owed some money to the IRS. Do I still have to pay? I have also some retirement accounts like my daugther custodian account for her college and a 401k. Are this accounts protected? Also my primary home and my car? Thank you. Carlos.

View more questions Search