Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MatthewKeen Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2017, 05:04 AM
    Any weight loss myths have you heard of?
    Everybody has their own way to shred weight, but many follow myths. Have you heard of any weight loss myths or you know some of it?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 17, 2017, 07:05 AM
    Most weight loss methods will boil down to the same concepts:
    1). Consume food with a low glycemic index to prevent blood sugar spikes which lead to the body storing the sugar as fat.
    2). Consumer a known amount of calories, ensuring that all your nurtional needs are met.
    3). Adjust your physical activity to burn more calories then you consume.
    4). Use measurements, i.e. belly circumference, upper arm circumference, thigh circumference, to judge fat loss and not raw scale numbers. This is because fat will be replaced with muscle, and muscle is denser.

Any miracle diet, like pills, or injections, or only eating cucumbers or Atkins, or starvation, or what not could be dangerous. There are a lot of myths, most of what you hear to be honest, and I don't have the time and energy to list them all. Look at them with critical thought, and you will be able to tease out the truth and myth on your own terms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

Weight loss, making my own weight loss journal [ 2 Answers ]

I am 15 and I want to lose weight and make my own weight loss journal. What are some things I sholud keep trak of? And shloud there be things I sholud add as I start, like look at taking vitmins.

What weight loss program helps you detoxify and loss weight at a good rate? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to detoxify my body and loss weight healthily and rapidly. I want to lose 80 lbs by the end of the year.. . I did south beach and I lost about 50 pounds in not even 3 months. :)

Weight loss and weight training [ 5 Answers ]

I need to lose 12 to 14 pounds I gained during the past months as a result of anxiety and not having the time to work out. I used to be fashion model thin, probably because of genes, but after having to eat precious little during a long stay in Thailand, I couldnīt eat the food there - I got...

View more questions Search