Ask
    MohammedMubeen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2017, 04:55 AM
    Are menstrual periods painful?
    How painful are they?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 17, 2017, 05:33 AM
    If you ask 100 menstruating women, you will get 100 different answers.
    For some, there is no pain. For many/most, there are degrees of discomfort, aches, some cramping (a feeling that something is squeezing her insides over and over), and an overall feeling of not being well. For some, there is intense pain that makes her unable to function at all.

I used to describe my years aged 12 - 50 as feeling like someone stuffed my abdomen with a hot heavy weight during menstruation. The days leading up to it were no fun either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful periods [ 0 Answers ]

Ive been in vaginal pain and still bleeding, I've taken hormonal pills, birth control, seen a gynecologist, had blood transfussion from loss of blood, nothing helps, any suggestions?

Stress and Menstrual Periods [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am 26 yrs old female trying to conceive. However, I am facing too much stress since last 4 months. My LMP was 29th June 09. (My periods are not very regular)I am still waiting for the next. So does B Complex vitamin help to reduce stress and restore periods? Is there any other over the...

Menstrual periods [ 1 Answers ]

Well I'm a little concern about having golf size blood clots during my cycle. IS THAT NORMAL?? See I have always been irregular and now I'm having the clots and I have had blood clots before just not that big and it's a little scary at times..

Severely painful menstrual cramps. [ 4 Answers ]

I don't want to say abnormally painful menstrual cramps because they seem to be "normal" for me ever since I got my period at 11. But what's normal for me isn't normal for most people. My cramps start on the first day of getting my period, usually after half a day or so and will last for hours and...

View more questions Search