Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angela600 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2017, 09:33 PM
    A nipple has changed color at the age of 78yrs
    The nipple on one side has changed color no bleeding no tenderness no hardness noted I am a nurse never heard of this is it a problem
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 17, 2017, 06:51 AM
    Is it a problem? I don't THINK it is a problem. I haven't heard of it before. It is something that I would talk to a doctor about. It could be a hormone problem, but those hormones should be long out of your system by the age of 78.

Talk to your doctor about it to make sure it isn't a problem you should investigate more.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 17, 2017, 08:20 AM
    A very remote condition to look into is Paget's Disease (of the nipple, not bone) although darker skin is not a typical symptom.
    I wonder if you have blocked sebaceous glands there.
    I'm totally guessing!

Speaking as someone with all sorts of weird skin changes over my 70 years, including discolorations that come and go, as well as basal cell, I think I would go see a dermatologist.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 17, 2017, 04:31 PM
    Speaking as a breast cancer survivor, any time you have changes in your breast, it should be examined by a doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Granddaughter's hair changed color before death -- why? [ 3 Answers ]

I was reading the article about older gray-haired people with their hair returning to their youthful color in a short period. Last Sat. Nov. 10, 2012, my eight and a half year old granddaughter who was a special needs child suddenly passed away apparently from sudden onset of high carbon dioxide....

I am bleeding from one nipple and I found a lump around my nipple, help! [ 2 Answers ]

I am bleeding from one nipple and I now just found a lump on the same nipple after doing a breast exam on myself. What could it be?

Changed Hair Color [ 1 Answers ]

This is the color of my hair now that I tryed to go blonde. I am just wondering if you are talking about 30 volume peroxide and ammonia you get at any store to take out the red?:confused: I have done all kinds of home remedies that i'm ashaimed to admit, Please help, I don't have the money for a...

Hair color has been changed 3 times in under two weeks. [ 3 Answers ]

I went to my stylist, asked for highlights. In short - I ended up with highlights that were a hue of red. I did not like this at all so I went back and had them 'tone it down". I then had a dark brown put over my hair, it turned my hair a harsh dark "almost black" color. I hated this so... ...

View more questions Search